Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I stumbled upon a repository of footage from a school in a less well off part of Estonia. It's so weird and interesting, like looking at alternative history or something. Can't help but feel nostalgic even though I've never been in that town.

I stumbled upon a repository of footage from a school in a less well off part of Estonia. It's so weird and interesting, like looking at alternative history or something. Can't help but feel nostalgic even though I've never been in that town.
From what I recall, Estonia is one of the most successful post-Soviet states, but I imagine there's still some parts that are pretty poor.

From what I recall, Estonia is one of the most successful post-Soviet states, but I imagine there's still some parts that are pretty poor.

It makes for a peculiar situation where if you've lived your whole life in Tallinn, many other towns appear (and are) underdeveloped. Poverty is a big issue with about 20% of the population suffering from it but I believe we've come quite a ways in the last couple of decades. Just by looking at footage from the 90s or early 00s, you can definitely see a difference in city scapes.

Here's mine:

19e017e5-27ed-42bb-8c4b-83e5a24f4a23.png

They also have your top 100 songs of the year and make a playlist of it. There are 8 Maiden songs in my top 100. So according to Spotify, These are my Top 8 Iron Maiden songs:

1. Death or Glory
2. The Trooper
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name
4. Be Quick Or Be Dead
5. Fear of the Dark
6. Prowler
7. Shadows of the Valley
8. Run to the Hills

That...is not quite how I'd rank them. :lol: Hallowed is the one surefire top 10 song, while The Trooper would probably be about #15. Everything else, not so much. BQOBD is a real head-scratcher..

According to last.fm, my top 15 artists in 2017 were:

1. Iron Maiden
2. Rebellion
3. Atlantean Kodex
4. Iced Earth
5. Nuclear Assault
6. Grand Magus
7. Sabaton
8. Crimson Glory
9. Amon Amarth
10. Blaze
11. Megadeth
12. Alter Bridge
13. Warlord
14. Marduk
15. Dio

My top 15 albums were:

1. Rebellion - Miklagard
2. Atlantean Kodex - The White Goddess
3. Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls
4. Atlantean Kodex - The Golden Bough
5. Warlord - Deliver Us
6. Crimson Glory - Crimson Glory
7. Grand Magus - Sword Songs
8. Grand Magus - Triumph and Power
9. Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care
10. Nuclear Assault - Game Over
11. Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk
12. Napalm Death - Scum
13. Rebellion - Arminius - Furor Teutonicus
14. Sabaton - The Last Stand
15. Repulsion - Horrified

Getting into new music (or caring about music in general) was very low on my list of priorities for this year, and I'm actually only now getting around to listening to the releases of the year. This far, I don't actually think I've been missing out.

I don't listen to music on the PC very much these days because there's something up with the external speakers and the monitor has no built in speakers (can't play Rocksmith either - bummer). My Last.fm most listened so far this year is mostly Maiden and Sabaton. Offline I've been mostly listening to Iced Earth and Dark Avenger.

I don't listen to music on the PC very much these days because there's something up with the external speakers and the monitor has no built in speakers (can't play Rocksmith either - bummer). My Last.fm most listened so far this year is mostly Maiden and Sabaton. Offline I've been mostly listening to Iced Earth and Dark Avenger.
I just want to send you a bundle of my used electronics. I have all sorts of good stuff in there and it sounds mostly like upgrades.

I think it's something to do with the monitor being connected to the PC via a graphic card I put in myself. It worked fine on my old monitor because that had speakers. Paul's monitor doesn't have speakers so we use plug in external speakers. They work fine with Youtube etc, but not with Windows Media Player and not with some games. Either that or all the music files I have on my PC are corrupting. :/

Back