Bruce Dickinson - What Does This Button Do?

Just bought the book. On the jacket it states that Bruce has been the singer of Iron Maiden for 'over 30 years.'
81-93 = 12
99-17 = 18
Thats 30 by my reckoning.
Am I being picky or is the Blaze era being glossed over once again?

Anyway, the forward reads like something from a real life spy novel. This should be good.

Just bought the book. On the jacket it states that Bruce has been the singer of Iron Maiden for 'over 30 years.'
81-93 = 12
99-17 = 18
Thats 30 by my reckoning.

Anyway, the forward reads like something from a real life spy novel. This should be good.

99-17 is 19 years, not 18, as you have year oo in there too!

I think you’re being picky. For a book jacket it makes more sense to add up both tenures than to explain that he took a few years off imo.

Besides, it’s Bruce’s book, not a book on Maiden. The Blaze era (and Paul for that matter) is sort of irrelevant.

I know but he hasnt been the singer for over 30 years. Thats what i mean, not that they should of mentioned the gap.
Still probably picky though

I was struck by the revelation that Nicko had played on (a version of) "Heartsong" the Gordon Giltrap piece - the theme to the BBC's "Holiday" programme. This is genuine news to me. The drummer on the album was called Simon Phillips and the single was the same version as far as I know. So I started digging to try and find out which version had featured Nicko and eventually found this from 2011 on Gordon Giltrap's own website:-

http://giltrap.co.uk/news/f/archives/General_News/2948

A possible clue to Dave's "surprise" in there as well?

From the Giltrap news piece we also learn that Nicko is a member of the Grand Order of Water Rats - this is a charitable organisation masquerading as a dodgy handshake club. I first heard of them when I was researching Robin Hood as they own a music venue in London - The Water Rats - which was previously called The Pindar of Wakefield on account of it having a tenuous link with the ballad of that name (in 1517 it had a landlord named George Green, aka George of the Green who was a pindar or pinner of Wakefield and became associated with the character in the Robin Hood ballad. He later becomes a folk hero in his own right, the subject of ballads and plays.)

According to the Water Rat's website Nicko is a "blue collar rat":

http://www.gowr.co.uk/all-water-rats/v/208

Back