Steve Harris

I love Steve...But my first thought is that his Essex house typifies a stereotypical 80s successful rocker house - huge & completely impractical, over-the-top, with gaudy/tacky decor that looks more like a museum than an actual home. How the heck did he raise his small kids there without them getting impaled on the iron accessories or breaking their skulls on the brickwork?

Don't forget the working class pub to have a drink not having to mix with the working class! :lol:

That being said, the people who could afford to buy that house would get rid of the tacky decoration. The fact that he has not been able to sell it shows that he wants too much money for it.

LOL! Forgot about the pub!

Oh yeah, and then there's Janick w/family (photo from the Gers thread that linked to his family history). A bit easier for me to relate to. Steve's family probably had to be careful not to get hit by the portcullis in their holiday photo at the Essex place :p (edit: not implying that this is Janick's place, but his 'every-man' credentials are more believable).

z9754070Q.jpg

Last edited:
That's probably one of Janick's visits to his relatives in Poland. But yes, by all accounts, Janick quietly fits in with the community of moderately successful local business professionals, nothing too flashy.

That being said, the people who could afford to buy that house would get rid of the tacky decoration. The fact that he has not been able to sell it shows that he wants too much money for it.
For the money he was asking, they could have something trendy and brand new, or a more *cough* unspoiled period property in a pretty bit of Norfolk/Suffolk. Not Stately Steve Manor. I wonder what they'll charge to stay there?

Don't forget the working class pub to have a drink not having to mix with the working class! :lol:

Rather than distancing himself from his roots I think Steve's gaff looks exactly like the sort of place a working class footballer* would have bought in the 80's.

*example of a profession where working class people ended up making money

Rather than distancing himself from his roots I think Steve's gaff looks exactly like the sort of place a working class footballer* would have bought in the 80's.

*example of a profession where working class people ended up making money
I do not disagree with that, but always found pretty ironic that he would rather not go to his local pub, probably full of working class people! :lol:

Anyway, I am more puzzled about his tax exile status, which coincided with boasting about Britishness with the release of the British Lion album.

Thanks, Travis! Five non debut album songs in the first seven of this setlist.

The singer does not sound good here. But man....

Spitfire! What a golden track!

Last edited:
Its great to have some pro quality footage of the non-album tracks, a shame the second album/live album didn't see release this year as Steve implied it would.

Pro shot video of British Lion's entire Wacken Open Air show:

How the (sorry for thé lángúàgé) flying-fuck have I missed this?

Thanks, Travis! Five non debut album songs in the first seven of this setlist.

The singer does not sound good here. But man....

Spitfire! What a golden track!

He sounds okay. Biggest problem is that they've buried him in the mix.

Last edited:
I notice they're no longer described as 'Steve Harris British Lion', and now British Lion featuring Steve Harris of Iron Maiden.

I would be really, really surprised if Bruce were to tour as he probably would not want to strain his voice by doing any gigs on top of the Iron Maiden tours. I hope we would get his new solo album released before the end of the year though.
Hope is all we have.

Back