R&R 2018 HoF Inductee Nomination list is out: Priest but no Maiden

I think Iron Maiden will eventually get their nod. If it took them fucking 40 years to induct Rush, I figure Maiden will be in around...2020.

I think Iron Maiden will eventually get their nod. If it took them fucking 40 years to induct Rush, I figure Maiden will be in around...2020.
I don’t expect Priest to get in after their first time on the ballot, although I’m surprised they were nominated to begin with.

I expect Maiden to get in after they’ve retired.

The five I think deserve to be in there the most are Priest (obviously), The Cars, Radiohead, Dire Straits, and Bon Jovi. The fact that they aren't in there already is a sham.

I wonder whether Jan Wenner stepping down from Rolling Stone means that this will open up the HOF to bands that Wenner has historically shunned -- like, hard rock and metal acts. I think Priest has a decent shot of getting in, if not this year, then the next. And I think Maiden is next among the mega-acts of metal, in a couple of years. I think LC has it about right, ~2020. Remember, Eddie Trunk is now a voter.

As for this year's crop of nominees, it's a strong list. A fair amount of hard rock on there, with Priest, Rage, MC5, and even the early Bon Jovi stuff. Tough to handicap too. Radiohead is the only stone cold lock to get inducted (@Diesel 11 : they couldn't have been in earlier, this is Radiohead's first year of eligibility). Several others have a good chance. I am rooting for The Cars, they were passed over the last two years, should be in already.

But HOF still has never nominated the "the most successful female rock vocalist of all time" according to Billboard (and Oprah). Madness.

Add Rage Against the Machine to that.

Other than those, Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, Nina Simone, LL Cool J probably get in.
LL Cool J are nominated, but not Maiden? Don't know wether I'll cry or laugh.

I'm sure Maiden will be inducted within a few years time anyway

There's always an obligatory hip hop induction. I suppose technically you can count RATM there but I dunno if the hall will.

I care.....It would be nice to see some of the worthy hard rock/metal acts get some deserved recognition/honor.

They get that. From the people who buy their records, go to their gigs and support them in other ways, by talking about them, getting other people into them and all that. Compared to that, putting them on a list that some committee says is official is entirely meaningless.

They get that. From the people who buy their records, go to their gigs and support them in other ways, by talking about them, getting other people into them and all that. Compared to that, putting them on a list that some committee says is official is entirely meaningless.
Okay I maybe should have clarified it would be nice to be recognized for once by the "mainstream" who normally ignore/ridicule Maiden and Hard Rock/Metal in general.

I just think it would be cool to be able to say RnR HoF'ers Iron Maiden - that's all.......

Trust me, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Last edited:
Obviously it's meaningless but it is interesting to see who they let in every year and the speeches/performances can be fun.

Well I am interested in seeing if Dire Straits would perform together if they get inducted. Mark Knopfler’s my favorite guitarist and I love his solo work but seeing him play with DS again would be cool.

Also just wanted to remind you, Cannibal Corpse are hall of famers already... very important in the Buffalo, NY, music scene...

Back