Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

You don't have to jump on it. You can comfortably walk there, sip your coffee, find a spot where to sit and it still won't budge.

Are we talking about mushrooms as intoxicant, or as part of cuisine?

As part of cuisine, that's what makes it so troubling to me. There is a huge subculture of people who will go to the woods, pick mushrooms, analyse them, cook them, share their thoughts with others, go to mushroom conventions and even festivals in other countries. If it were that kind of mushroom, I would find it less hard to believe... but these people are mushroom enthusiasts just because they like mushrooms.

Why won't it budge?

Because they're German trains.

As part of cuisine, that's what makes it so troubling to me. There is a huge subculture of people who will go to the woods, pick mushrooms, analyse them, cook them, share their thoughts with others, go to mushroom conventions and even festivals in other countries. If it were that kind of mushroom, I would find it less hard to believe... but these people are mushroom enthusiasts just because they like mushrooms.

Well, the going to the woods and collect mushrooms part isn't that weird. You do find better quality mushrooms if you pick them yourself, compared to those you can buy in supermarkets. But the rest - conventions and festivals - seems a bit overkill.

Yeah, Czechs in particular are pretty fanatical about mushrooms. In fact, disliking mushrooms makes you somewhat ostracised because of your "beliefs", making you the "kinda weird one".

Although not as much as saying you dislike honey does.

It gets better with the curent generation, though.

Are you saying German trains aren't as reliable as the world believes them to be!? :eek:

That is precisely what I'm saying.

Well, the going to the woods and collect mushrooms part isn't that weird. You do find better quality mushrooms if you pick them yourself, compared to those you can buy in supermarkets. But the rest - conventions and festivals - seems a bit overkill.

I actually do understand to a certain extent the appeal that mushroom collecting can have, but as I said, there's a whole subculture related to this, no less diverse than heavy metal.

Although not as much as saying you dislike honey does.

Honey is awesome. Unfortunately, I'm one of very few people I know who thinks so.

I suppose foraging for stuff to eat is a bit obsessive in its own right. You feel you've achieved a very basic human skill that's underpracticed in modern society. The same goes for cultivating your own food, hence the 'who's got the biggest marrow' kind of garden show.

And you need massive knowledge of mushrooms to pick your own if you don't want to poison yourself, you have to have really studied this and persevered with it. Maybe it turns into a holy grail type quest, and only other mushroom foragers would understand.

I'll go back to putting small plastic horses on tables now.

Better or worse: honey versus Boo-Boo-Kitty-Fuck (Jay and Silent Bob reference for those that have not seen that masterpiece)?

I slept through it lol. Thank you for asking. I didn't move back to Mexico City. I'm in Guadalajara, Jalisco and even though it is a pacific coast state like Chiapas (the epicenter), we didn't feel it.

A few things I read on the matter. Even though it was .1 higher in Richter scale magnitude than the '85 earthquake that demolished Mexico City (8.2 v. 8.1), it wasn't as... impactful. Reports are stating it had to do with both its epicenter and depth. In '85 the epicenter was in Michoacan, about 400 km from the capital and it was at a depth of about 15k. This one's epicenter was in Chiapas, about 660 km from the capital and at about 58k in depth. Not to mention we learned from the '85 quake and most of the infrastructure since, specially skyscrapers, are now earthquake resistant.

I should add, I had both Mushrooms and honey in the last 24 hours

Mushrooms on a pizza and in a salad. Honey on some waffles.

Back