What's your favourite post reunion album and why? #2

What's your favourite post reunion album and why?

• Brave New World

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Dance of Death

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • A Matter of Life and Death

Votes: 38 32.5%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Book of Souls

Votes: 25 21.4%

• Total voters
... And you feel you know what's coming next?
It feels pre-arranged.
'Cause you know that you've heard it before,
And you feel that this moment in time is surreal,
'Cause you know when you feel deja-vu. ...

Feel like I've heard it before,
Feel like I've heard it before. ...

I'd say that even though I'm still on the new album buzz of TBOS even two years later, AMOLAD remains my favorite. No bad songs, great from start to finish. Plus an exemplary tour which was such a curveball for Maiden to do the whole album. That really was a special time.

I'd probably rank them like this -

1. AMOLAD - virtually perfect from start to finish, no bad songs
2. TBOS - still new but awesome
3. DOD - I feel like this one gets a bad rap because the cover and production are atrocious, but mostly solid
4. TFF - tough to better AMOLAD, love the last 5 iffy on the first 5
5. BNW - best sounding album by far, however sadly it's the one with the least interesting material

All solid albums though that I still play all the time (more than the classics for the most part).

I'd say that even though I'm still on the new album buzz of TBOS even two years later, AMOLAD remains my favorite. No bad songs, great from start to finish. Plus an exemplary tour which was such a curveball for Maiden to do the whole album. That really was a special time.

I'd probably rank them like this -

1. AMOLAD - virtually perfect from start to finish, no bad songs
2. TBOS - still new but awesome
3. DOD - I feel like this one gets a bad rap because the cover and production are atrocious, but mostly solid
4. TFF - tough to better AMOLAD, love the last 5 iffy on the first 5
5. BNW - best sounding album by far, however sadly it's the one with the least interesting material

All solid albums though that I still play all the time (more than the classics for the most part).

exact same order for me and same reasoning, give or take, for choosing each album in each position!

I dont understand the general attitude against lists on this forum. I think its interesting!

"You got a problem, mate?"

franz-liszt-9383467-2-402.jpg

I dont understand the general attitude against lists on this forum. I think its interesting!

Well, it gets boring after a while, Maiden releases album in cycles of 5 years and some people have spent years and years on this forum debating lists and top picks and everything else. It's not like we get a new list contender each year or two.
I listed everything I had to list, in threads that were appropriate for listing. It's not disallowed to resurrect old threads if you have something of a value to add, so post your lists where they belong. If you can't find a thread, open it. This one is simple, you pick your fav, preferably you post what was your pick and give us an explanation. People are comparing lists by order right here, right now, and not discussing why AMOLAD is their favourite pick. Get it now? Not trying to sound rude but it takes discussion in another, more general and less specific course.

Well, it gets boring after a while, Maiden releases album in cycles of 5 years and some people have spent years and years on this forum debating lists and top picks and everything else. It's not like we get a new list contender each year or two.
I listed everything I had to list, in threads that were appropriate for listing. It's not disallowed to resurrect old threads if you have something of a value to add, so post your lists where they belong. If you can't find a thread, open it. This one is simple, you pick your fav, preferably you post what was your pick and give us an explanation. People are comparing lists by order right here, right now, and not discussing why AMOLAD is their favourite pick. Get it now? Not trying to sound rude but it takes discussion in another, more general and less specific course.

Well it's the internet so whenever you complain people will answer by overdoing it. Take me for example, I still wait for Perun to say one nice thing to me.

Well it's the internet so whenever you complain people will answer by overdoing it. Take me for example, I still wait for Perun to say one nice thing to me.
Perun just doesn't like posts with substance, don't take it personally.

:innocent:

Dunno fekso. Niall had just started providing vital surveillance evidence and you complained. Now we'll never know.

Oy fekso, when are you going to make some of those posts with substance you promised us?

Back