Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

JESUS CHRIST. I'm not a Linkin Park fan, but that's terrible.

Also, am I the only one who is a little suspicious of this? Today would have been Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester and Cornell were very good friends who battled the same addictions. So...either they were a lot closer than people thought, or...someone's killing singers and making it look like suicides.

That is sad. linkin park is a joke now but those first two albums were big among my friends and were very influential, probably the first modern music that made an impression on me while the rest of my listening was mostly 70s and 80s music. Chester's vocals really set them apart from other nu metal and they were among the few that actually combined metal and rap in a way that didn't suck.

Will throw on some Linkin Park later.

I was into the first two Linkin Park albums as a kid (who wasn't?) and liked Chester the most out of the whole band. He was a great, charismatic vocalist (great screams). I didn't care about anything they did past their early stuff, but this news hit me hard.

Hybrid Theory was the last album I bought before I got into Iron Maiden. Damn. Watch 'em fly by as the pendulum swings, the clock ticks life away...

A big part of my musical journey was Linkin Park. I probably would not have gotten into heavy music if it weren't for them. Clearly sad news. However, I can't say I'm too shocked, Chester had a very aggressive response to the criticism of their latest record, threatened to beat people up on Facebook. It was clear his head wasn't in the right place.

R.I.P.

Never been a big Linkin Park fan, though I do like some of their stuff. But... he committed suicide?! Holy Christ.

He's gotten too good at fishing with a rod. Next up - fishing with a bow.
Bow fishing is a recognised thing actually, although sadly illegal in the UK (along with all other forms of bowhunting). Which is a shame, because it looks like fun. You can get special arrows for it, which I remember Quicks used to sell back in the '90s when I first started shooting.

Bow fishing is a recognised thing actually, although sadly illegal in the UK (along with all other forms of bowhunting). Which is a shame, because it looks like fun. You can get special arrows for it, which I remember Quicks used to sell back in the '90s when I first started shooting.
Huh. Well, come to Canada, pretty sure it's allowed here!

That Chester Bennington news is really fucked up. :(

In other news, OJ Simpson has been granted parole. He's set to be released from prison in October. To anyone that hasn't seen it, I highly recommend the ESPN documentary series O.J.: Made in America. Very compelling stuff.

Back