Steve Harris

That's not true. Two new songs,"Bible Black" and "Spitfire" were added in 2015:

I'm looking forward to hearing the studio version of Bible Black! One of their best songs.

And I wonder if they will play any more new songs this year.
Basically the same. Two new songs dosen't make a setlist fresh. I love Bible Black and Spitfire btw!

I think British Lion should dig into the Maiden catalog a bit. Their setlist have been the same for 5 years now.

Basically the same. Two new songs dosen't make a setlist fresh. I love Bible Black and Spitfire btw!

Well, tell that to Iron Maiden - they have 16 albums to choose from now and they barely ever change setlists! British Lion has one album out. One album. Two new songs is a big change then. They're playing, what, 5 songs that haven't been released yet? What should they do, covers? What's the point, from Steve's point of view, to go out and play Maiden-songs with BL when the whole point, from the beginning, was to get away from what Maiden was doing (along with helping friends out a bit etc.)? It just does not make any sense as he's doing it alongside Maiden. Would be a different matter entirely if Maiden had retired 10 years ago.

We will get new songs when the album is out. As it is now, they need to tour to have any hope of keeping this little band alive.

Well, tell that to Iron Maiden - they have 16 albums to choose from now and they barely ever change setlists! British Lion has one album out. One album. Two new songs is a big change then. They're playing, what, 5 songs that haven't been released yet? What should they do, covers? What's the point, from Steve's point of view, to go out and play Maiden-songs with BL when the whole point, from the beginning, was to get away from what Maiden was doing (along with helping friends out a bit etc.)? It just does not make any sense as he's doing it alongside Maiden. Would be a different matter entirely if Maiden had retired 10 years ago.

We will get new songs when the album is out. As it is now, they need to tour to have any hope of keeping this little band alive.

My understanding is that British Lion is not to get away from Maiden, but for Steve to tour more. Are you saying all solo projects playing songs from main bands are pointless?

Source:

That's not true. Two new songs,"Bible Black" and "Spitfire" were added in 2015:

I'm looking forward to hearing the studio version of Bible Black! One of their best songs.

And I wonder if they will play any more new songs this year.
There was another non-album song, Guineas and Crowns, wasn't it?

My understanding is that British Lion is not to get away from Maiden
“I admit, I had my worries that Bruce and Adrian had gone off and done their own thing; would they be happy to compromise again? Being in a band is all about democracy - that applies to me, too, which is why at some point I’d like to make a solo album. But at the moment it’s healthy for us all to be team players.”
- Steve Harris, 1999. http://www.daveling.co.uk/doc-ironmaiden.htm

There was another non-album song, Guineas and Crowns, wasn't it?
Yeah, they have played 5 unreleased tracks so far, but Guineas and Crowns along with Father Lucifer and The Burning have been there since 2013.
Karma Killer and Do Ya Do Ya Want me were dropped after 2014, while Let It Roll was the only cover remaining in the set.

This band plays so few shows anyway each year, that I don't think you can complain about their setlist. While doing a bit of touring in between Maiden's schedule they still have find to time to write and record an album and that's not an easy task.

Last edited:
Yeah, and at the same time try something different musically. I didn't say that you were wrong. But anyway, I'll guess Taylor could sing some D'ianno era Maiden pretty good. Would be fun if they tried Burning Ambition or Women In Uniform instead of Let It Roll etc...

Last edited:
I could see them in Newcastle next month, but I might be going alone because nobody can get time off work.

The Colchester gig was just fantastic, the best I've seen so far from them. I won't give any information on the proper setlist, but the order of the songs was just great, the show being more dynamic than before. The band was really really heavy, they played very fast and they were obviously delighted to be there, Steve smiling quite often. The venue was really small and intimate, and quite original: it's a former church. I don't know how the audience dealt with the two rows of columns, but, thanks to a long wait, I was at the barrier, right in front of the man. I had seen him in the afternoon, when he arrived at the venue for what was more a rehearsal than a soundcheck. They played several songs we could clearly hear behind the wooden door of the church. Steve arrived driving an old van and we could have a short chat and take pictures with him.
Some Ravenage members were also at the gig (really nice and pleasant guys), and Dennis Stratton showed up: the band opening the night is going to play with Lionheart during their next tour. I was really happy to talk to him and to have a picture and an autograph. He is really nice.

This van?
iron-maiden-green-goddess.jpg

Not that old :). The thing is, I was quite surprised to see him turn into a roadie just after the end of the Maiden tour. I knew he has driven Lauren harris' band through England in the past and he clearly enjoys all the sides of the business.

Last edited:
Van Force One. I'll have to watch out for Steve driving. At one of the last BL gigs I went to, there was a hastily scrawled note on a bit of cardboard taped to a door saying 'dressing room, no entry'. Amusingly cheap.

Pleased to report British Lion stormed it in Newícastle tonight. Personally im still not convinced by the singer but he did well tonight and the band were tight as fuck considering they prob not had much rehearsal recently. Spoke to steve and the drummer + guitarists afterwards, very nice lads. Got me photo taken, not as good as previous ones but lets face it none of us getting younger or prettier nowadays! Eyes of the young n all that... content://media/external/file/75753

Last edited:
Pleased to report British Lion stormed it in Newícastle tonight. Personally im still not convinced by the singer but he did well tonight and the band were tight as fuck considering they prob not had much rehearsal recently. Spoke to steve and the drummer + guitarists afterwards, very nice lads. Got me photo taken, not as good as previous ones but lets face it none of us getting younger or prettier nowadays! Eyes of the young n all that... content://media/external/file/75753

I would definitely go and see British Lion if they came to Guildford, but I find the singer to be so weak that it is off-putting.

Brigantium is right. You would really be surprised to hear how heavy they rare nowadays and how the singer fits into the frame. They recorded the debut almost without having toured.

Back