Steve Harris

Yes, but it seems that the schedule is far from complete; they will add new dates. At this point, it seems clear that 'arry wants to keep this band alive and that he wants them to hit the stage on a regular basis. After seing them in last november, I was sure not to see them before 2018, and I'm quite stunned to see them so early.

Agree with this. They recently announced they're going to play at Gröna Lund in Stockholm on the 15th of August. And then there's the Sabaton Open Air Festival in Falun on the 19th. What are they going to do in between? Go home and back again? Stay at fancy hotels and enjoy vacation? Seems more likely they're intending to book more dates and announce them as they go.

http://www.gronalund.com/sv/scen-show/konserter/british-lion-feat.-steve-harris-158/

Hope I'll be able to catch them for the third time! No presale and 300km though... I hope for a better date.

Folkestone (like Guildford) used to be a big stop on the UK tour crawl, back when bands like Zep, Purple and Sabbath would do 30 date UK tours before most of us were born. They have a concert hall overhanging the sea, which is good for any oceanic themed songs. Now if BL is a throwback to those times, maybe the inclusion of these towns is deliberate.

Steve has been quoted a few times saying he is as happy playing Guildford Civic Hall as Madison Square Garden (the first time he said that was in 1998 promoting Virtual XI, when playing the Madison Square Garden was virtually - pun intended - impossible for Maiden). Guildford Civic Hall does not exist anymore (we now have the new GLive, far too big for Tax Exile Lion :devil:), but there are some venues that can accommodate his side project.

Come on Steve, come to Guildford to show you are happy playing here. You have not been back since 1981! :D

Playing next to Heathrow would probably be more practical than Folkestone if they wanted to make an escape. There really was that whole small town band circuit at one time, though. Maiden played in Redcar in 1980.

I want British Lion II. It's been 5 years... The songs they've played on tour this far are fantastic and I want to be able to listen to them properly.

Someone noted they're going to be in Sweden for a show on the 15th, then to Slovakia for a festival (17-19th of August), then BACK to Sweden for Sabaton Open Air on the 19th, followed by the Oslo gig on the 20th... Somewhere, someone has screwed up big time.

I didn't know where to post this. This is said to be a tribute to the man, but I don't understand a finnish word and don't get the connection. Maybe she's talking about the american actor instead.

Yeah googling the artist yields all result in Finnish. But it looks like it's not the fat Steve Harris from U.S. shows :D

He is a decent actor isn't he ? And he appears to have his own fan club.
Anyway, after Edguy's, this is a new and even stranger tribute to Mr Harris.

Yeah he's not bad. Running through his wiki page now, I don't remember seeing him anywhere outside The Practice, while he had roles in The Rock and Minority Report. I watched both of those.

It's a generic pop song, the lyrics' connection to Maiden or Steve Harris specifically are tenuous at best. I feel like the namedrop in the chorus and title are just a weird attempting at attracting attention by naming your song after a (semi-)famous person, which is something that's been done in pop music forever at this point.

So basically, don't freak out! It's nothing.

Can you post lyrics in English where you hear the vague connection to Harris?

It's just the chorus really. I don't think it's worth translating, it's just random pop song fare. That one mention I spoke about is just a single line in the chorus that's completely out of nowhere and has no context. That line is "We've got Steve Harris on bass, all summer". So yeah, I dunno what to say. Maybe they were banking on somebody taking notice and causing a stir with it or something.

Back