If Iron Maiden played one album in its entirety...

I would love to see a Seventh Son tour, but Maiden England covered most of that. Maybe another World Piece Tour!

Last edited:
They did so with AMOLAD in 2006-2007. Now, the only one I can think of -and which would "work" in a live context- is the first album or possibly Powerslave but that's pretty much it.

They did so with AMOLAD in 2006-2007. Now, the only one I can think of -and which would "work" in a live context- is the first album or possibly Powerslave but that's pretty much it.

They almost did it during the initial shows at the Virtual XI tour when they played 7 out of 8 songs from the album. I think they did 7 out of 8 during World Piece tour too..

Hands down Somewhere in Time, because (aside from it being a masterpiece) there are no good recordings of what they played in 86/87 and we would finally get that damned Alexander. It would be great to find out what these songs would sound like in the current line-up and sound. It would be something completely different than new songs played live, because those are generally quite similar to the studio recordings.

Tough one. SiT has an opener and closer that make it special; 7th Son would give us the long awaited return of Infinite Dreams plus The Prophecy and Only the Good Die Young; Id love to hear Thin Line live possibly more than any other single song; X Factor would be great with some life injected in the playing but the winner has to be VXI.
For curiosity sake alone Id love to hear what this would sound like with some passion and a touch of drumming. Plus I love the much maligned duo of Educated Fool and Dont Look Too The Eyes of a Repetition

Tough one. SiT has an opener and closer that make it special; 7th Son would give us the long awaited return of Infinite Dreams plus The Prophecy and Only the Good Die Young; Id love to hear Thin Line live possibly more than any other single song; X Factor would be great with some life injected in the playing but the winner has to be VXI.
For curiosity sake alone Id love to hear what this would sound like with some passion and a touch of drumming. Plus I love the much maligned duo of Educated Fool and Dont Look Too The Eyes of a Repetition

Virtual XI would be cool. I dont see Maiden doing it but if we are lucky maybe Blaze will perform it at some point in its entirety. Next year marks its 20th anniversary..

This is the definition of a brave man.
Well you say that ;) I agree that most of the songs on that album are not near the classics in terms of quality. But Futureal and The Clansman should appear more often in the live set. I dont understand why they decided to play 7 out of 8 songs on The Virtual XI World tour. Futureal, The Clansman and The Educated Fool were great live, but they should have put more classics in the set at that point.

However, for the sake of nostalgia, I would love to hear Blaze sing the whole album. I dont think it would make sense for the current Maiden lineup to do it. It was the first Maiden album I heard. I was 8 when the TAATG video came out and I thought it was so cool!

Last edited:
Virtual XI would be cool. I dont see Maiden doing it but if we are lucky maybe Blaze will perform it at some point in its entirety. Next year marks its 20th anniversary..
Actually a much better idea.
Ok, I vote Killers. Main reasons being Purgatory, Genghis Khan and Maidens closest dalliance with funk; Innocent Exile.

Back