What or who got you into Iron Maiden?

He's not into Maiden or even Metal at all. But I can tell he's extremely curious about going. The Lovely Mrs TAC does not want to go, so he's going to go. Mansfield is literally like 15 minutes from our house. We're 20 rows back on Janick's side. Very pumped!!

He's not into Maiden or even Metal at all. But I can tell he's extremely curious about going. The Lovely Mrs TAC does not want to go, so he's going to go. Mansfield is literally like 15 minutes from our house. We're 20 rows back on Janick's side. Very pumped!!
I saw Iron Maiden for the first time at Mansfield. Maybe he'll get an appreciation for it - maybe not. But I think it's cool that he's interested. The one thing I will always tell people who might not be into metal is see Maiden live - it's one hell of a show.

Oh yeah, and Great Woods is so awesome. If he needs a break, we'll just go grab a drink.

I saw Iron Maiden for the first time at the Cape Cod Coliseum. Loose Cannon, are you in Mass?

I saw Iron Maiden for the first time at the Cape Cod Coliseum. Loose Cannon, are you in Mass?
I am not. I am in Ottawa, Ontario. I flew down in 2012 from Nova Scotia to see them on Maiden England.

I was 14 when they did the TFF tour. I would say that was my first Maiden show where I felt like I could appreciate it more on a musical level as opposed to just the spectacle of it.

Well, I've always liked rock music. I was listening to the Beatles when I was five, AC/DC when I was nine, Van Halen at twelve, etc., so naturally Iron Maiden had crossed my path a few times before, but I'd never gotten hooked. I knew "The Trooper," NOTB, and RTTH and had seen Flight 666, but nothing quite caught on.

Flash forward to March of this year, its the second semester of my first year of college. My roommate and I were talking about music and I happened to see that Iron Maiden was on tour while on my computer. I tell my father, he seems interested, and we buy the tickets. Then I started listening to the Flight 666 soundtrack and The Book of Souls. "If Eternity Should Fail" and "Empire of the Clouds" absolutely blew me away. But I didn't branch out from those two albums until after I saw them, with the concert being a life changing event. Now I've been slowly collecting physical copies of everything Iron Maiden I can find.

On a humorous note, I hope to put together an Eddie costume for Halloween and wear it to my campus ministry's Halloween party. :bigsmile:

I was 8 years old when I saw the music video of Wickerman on MTV (my brother's influence). The year after, Maiden came in the Rock in Rio. Obviously, I was too young for it. I also missed the show in São Paulo at Palmeiras Stadium, in the SBITT in 2008. Then they played in RiR 2013, but I don't like festivals and had no money. Finally, my first show was in Belo Horizonte last year, after 15 years.

In 1981 I was 15 yrs old and on vacation with my family at the Jersey Shore. I was in a record shop on the Boardwalk thumbing thru LPs and came across the "Killers" album. At that time I thought the cover was the coolest thing I had ever seen in my entire life. Then I saw the cover for the first album. I thought to myself when I get back home I need to check this band out.

Right after I got back I found out Maiden was going to be opening for Priest and Whitesnake in my hometown, on my birthday no less! My sister was a good friend of the guy who was the manger of concessions at the theater they were playing and she would sometimes work there to make some extra cash. I told my sister about it and she set it up to work there and I could tag along. All I had to do was lug around some bags of ice to the concession stands.

So it was still very early as they had not let the crowd in yet and I had some time to kill. A guy was setting up the merch and I went over to check out the Tshirts, eyeing the Killers Baseball Jersey. The guy asked me if I liked Maiden and I said " oh, yes!" He asked what I thought of the new album - and I said I didn't know cause I hadn't heard it yet, lol. I actually hadn't heard a single note of Maiden at this point.

So I bought the Jersey and waited for the show to start. I didn't have a ticket so I just stood in the back. "Ides of March" starts playing and some roadie (or Rod, perhaps?) in an Eddie mask came out on stage to try and get the crowd going. I was immediately hooked!

Maiden were awesome and they have been my absolute favorite band ever since! Saw Priest for the first time too and they are my 2nd fave.

Anyway, that's how I got into Maiden :D

Alright folks, my introduction to Maiden is probably way different than anyone else's. Here goes.

So some time ago when I was a few years younger, maybe 2013 or so - actually, scratch that. We need to go back even further to 2011 (I believe, if my math isn't off), the summer between grades 3 and 4, I became a Beatles fan. Holy shit. All my family heard about was The Beatles. All my teachers and classmates heard about was The Beatles. It got to the point that, while I was a huge Beatles fan, got the stereo box for Christmas, bought the Anthologies, etc. (this happened over a period of about two or three years, the buying of albums specifically), while I was a huge fan, I ended up turning everyone else into Beatle haters. This is how passionate and annoying I can be over some subjects. This is why I like sites like Maidenfans, I can talk everyone's heads off on here and keep my friends safe from it. :D

But anyways, in October of 2012, and this I remember vividly, my dad and I were coming back from a camping trip, we were listening to a radio station, and Immigrant Song from Led Zeppelin was on. So I was all, hey, this is cool, and stuff. Probably wouldn't have thought much more of it had A Day In The Life from The Beatles come on a few songs later. And that's literally how I got into classic rock. A Day In The Life and Immigrant Song.

Anyways, now that I was a classic rock fan, that meant I had to research every fucking song I listened to. I am like this. Sometime during my research, I came across some metal bands. Now, I'd already known Black Sabbath, Ozzy solo, and some Judas Priest and Dio, but with the wonderful website known as Wikipedia, I came across other metal bands, such as Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and Possessed. Yes. Possessed. Don't ask me how the fuck I found them. All I know is that I listened to one of their songs and nearly got my head blown out. Now that was heavy.

I knew that Megadeth had first refusal as my favorite band should I ever get into metal, but I never did until - skip ahead to January 2015. I'm a lad online looking around Slacker Radio for some cool stuff, and find a list of the 66 Greatest Metal Songs of all time. You know me. A sucker for lists. This list is what got me into metal. Looking back, it's a pretty poor lists, it's missing a lot of bands that should be in there, but I still love it nonetheless. While the volume was set too low for me to really catch anything on my first listen, I came back to the songs about a month later, and that's when I really became a metalhead. Hangar 18 is still my favorite song ever (other than possibly Voice of the Soul) and it made me a Megadeth fan. But Maiden was a close second, Run to the Hills' chorus nearly made me tear up it was so good. Yes.

So that's how I became a metal fan. Death entered my world late last year, around November. Listened to all their albums straight through. Love them. Currently, after having listened to everything Maiden ever put out, and with my love for Megadeth having slipped a little, I'd say Maiden is my all-time favorite band. Followed of course by Death, ABBA, Megadeth, and The Beatles.

Yes. By some thin threads, I got into Maiden thanks to The Beatles. I still can't believe it.

Back