Dennis Willcock Interview

UpTheJanick47

The Fugitive
Dennis Willcock.jpg
Hello Maidenfans,

I was granted the privilege to interview V1 Vocalist, and former Iron Maiden, singer Dennis Willcock!
He was a hell of a nice guy and we got some great comments from him on his band V1 and his days in Maiden where his contributions have been undermined for years.
The interview will be played tomorrow at 11:00 AM CST for this week's edition of Heavy Metal Mania on UTRGV Radio!
Follow the link in the attached picture or download the TuneIn app to listen in to hear it live!
I will be uploading the interview on YouTube after the show so that those who missed it can hear it there.
www.utrgv.edu/studentmedia/radio

Last edited:
View attachment 5861
Hello Maidenfans,

I was granted the privilege to interview V1 Vocalist, and former Iron Maiden, singer Dennis Willcock!
He was a hell of a nice guy and we got some great comments from him on his band V1 and his days in Maiden where his contributions have been undermined for years.
The interview will be played tomorrow at 11:00 AM CST for this week's edition of Heavy Metal Mania on UTRGV Radio!
Follow the link in the attached picture or download the TuneIn app to listen in to hear it live!
I will be uploading the interview on YouTube after the show so that those who missed it can hear it there.
www.utrgv.edu/studentmedia/radio
Cheers, is it uploaded on YouTube?

I suppose it's this one?

That's interesting, Magnus. Recorded in 2017, uploaded yesterday:
In March 2017, I interviewed V1 Vocalist Dennis Willcock, who is also known as a former vocalist for the legendary Iron Maiden. Willcock was with the band from 1976-1978 and much controversy has been told about his time with the band. He often feels his work is not well documented and hopes that his side of the story can be better told. A recent lawsuit has come out from Willcock accusing Iron Maiden of not crediting him for five of their songs. He gives his case here in this interview. I had this interview lying around in my computer but felt it was important to share it with the world. It is relevant now more than ever. I hope that people can now take both sides of the story to form their opinion on the situation

I just listened to the interview posted above. Some big claims by Wilcock : He invented the Maiden logo...? The main reason he left the band was Dave Murray was often on "Class A drugs" and could barely play on stage?

I just listened to the interview posted above. Some big claims by Wilcock : He invented the Maiden logo...? The main reason he left the band was Dave Murray was often on "Class A drugs" and could barely play on stage?

He stole the Maiden font from Bowie.

Again Bowie's estate should sue him...

I just have a hard time believing this claim about Dave. He’s way too happy to do drugs! Just look at that smile! :D

I think Dave stole his girlfriend.

Class A drugs? Working class can't afford "Class A" in the 1980s Europe. The price of cocaine is half than what it used to be in Europe when first true channels were established in 1980s. No chance Dave Murray was hooked on anything, the occasional line of speed or acid drop does not count.

If you had band performing on drugs the band would take drugs with them on tour - see Deep Purple + Tommy Bolin on Indonesian gigs.
Maiden does not do that as a band. Bruce also did cocaine in the 1980s but not as a rule and just as an occasional thing; "all frontmen are susceptible to sudden increase of good mood" or something like that from one interview.

In any case Willcock is really sleazy here. Every other performer did something sometime, and probably so did he.

The class A drugs claim is difficult to believe, as Davey probably could not afford any at the time. :lol:

Things apparently changed later, as Nicko claims that when he joined, everyone but Steve and Bruce were pretty wild and experimented with cocaine.

No way was Davey wasted on class A drugs all the time and couldn’t even play. I mean as people have menwtioned how on earth could he afford to as maiden hadn’t been signed then and none of them were rolling in cash at the time. Also, look at how ruthless Steve has been in the past sacking people without a moments hesitation if he thought they would fuck up a gig so Steve would never have tolerated Davey being wasted all the time.

I listened to the interview and Dennis just sounds like a complete prick. He has no class and even by his own words none of the old maiden members even want anything to do with him so that says a lot.

No way was Davey wasted on class A drugs all the time and couldn’t even play. I mean as people have menwtioned how on earth could he afford to as maiden hadn’t been signed then and none of them were rolling in cash at the time. Also, look at how ruthless Steve has been in the past sacking people without a moments hesitation if he thought they would fuck up a gig so Steve would never have tolerated Davey being wasted all the time.

I listened to the interview and Dennis just sounds like a complete prick. He has no class and even by his own words none of the old maiden members even want anything to do with him so that says a lot.
Has no class? Charlotte The Harlot's lyrics written by Dennis confirmed.

Back