Iron Maiden by Request

Which song would you want to replace Blood Brothers in the 2nd leg of the BoS tour?

• 1. Alexander the Great

• 2. Mother Russia

• 3. The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

• 4. Starblind

• 5. The Great Unknown

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moribund

Prowler
I doubt Iron Maiden will ever let their audiences select what songs comprise their setlists like Metallica did a little while back. However, say Iron Maiden wanted to play a song that was never played live before and allowed "all" their fans to vote for one of the following five songs. Which song would you vote for?

None of those. I'd choose Breeg or Lord of Light. Monstrous live songs. Bruce said in an interview on norwegian radio back in 2006 that Lord of Light was his favourite AMOLAD song live.

None of those. I'd choose Breeg or Lord of Light. Monstrous live songs. Bruce said in an interview on norwegian radio back in 2006 that Lord of Light was his favourite AMOLAD song live.

I agree with those 2 songs standing out during the AMOLAD tour. However, I was a little disappointed with Breeg during its resurrection during the US tour in 2010. Would love to see Lord of Light again, but of the choices The Great Unknown to me is the best. It is a subtle song that seems to get better and better with every listen.

AtG for novelty value alone.

Starblind is my favorite song here, but it wouldn't work live.

I'd love to hear Thin Line live, but would Bruce be able to hit those high notes in the chorus now? Especially night after night. Maybe that's the reason it was never performed on the Brave New World tour.

I'd actually like to hear Great Unknown the most, but if they played Alexander it would silence a lot of people once and for all. :p

They haven't said that, it's speculation.

However, @Moribund et al, it's worth mentioning now: as hints and actual setlists emerge, discussion of the 2017 setlist needs to be kept to the spoilers-allowed tour thread or else be contained within clearly marked spoiler tags. In future we'll be deleting posts and threads on sight if they contain setlist spoilers or what appear to be potential setlist spoilers. This includes Maiden saying what they won't play this year. As the forum gets busier, we won't have time to check them all and decide what's a spoiler and what's random speculation before deleting.

Of the choices I still think Alexander would be the best live song (as in, translate best to the stage). But I'd be up for hearing any of them over Blood Brothers. Never cared for that song much (aside from the glorious Janick solo).

The irony is that when Maiden did the Ed-Hunter request thing back in the day, almost all of the usual suspects returned to the set list (save for Stranger in a Strange Land)

Yeah, that's what happens when bands do "by request" shows. It's just the most overplayed greatest hits package with maybe a one or two song difference. Sadly, that's what most people want to hear. Those of us bantering about deep cuts on forums/Reddit/etc every day are probably less than 15% of the fan base.

Metallica did this by request thing and it was just the hits, with one or two surprises thrown in depending on the city/country.

I actually prefer what Metallica does. Obviously people want to hear the hits, but they can choose a selection of deep cuts and let every city vote for one.

The irony is that when Maiden did the Ed-Hunter request thing back in the day, almost all of the usual suspects returned to the set list (save for Stranger in a Strange Land)
Killers and Powerslave were nice additions to the Ed Huntour set

Back