Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Took the day off and went downhill skiing at Norefjell (2hr drive from Oslo). As I was driving back, I observed the unusually big Friday exodus from the city. Next week is winter break for all schools in southeastern Norway. I couldn't avoid feeling a little Schadenfreude as I cruised south at 80 km/h while the northbound traffic at times held walking speed :cool:

Brushing aside my initial spite, I think the most logical explanation is that I applied before. I was told that it was a close call, and I thought it would be enough to streamline my application more according to the criticism I got. This may not have been enough to improve the impression they already had.

Don't know if any of you are following the FIS Alpine Skiing world championship from St Moritz, but today it saw a rather dramatic event.

In between the two runs of the men's giant slalom competition, the Swiss Air Force PC-7 show team did a display. It seems they had not discussed the technical details of their display with those responsible for cameras, because one of the planes cut the wire carrying a camera, resulting in the camera falling to the ground. Luckily it didn't hit anyone. The camera wire also hit the ski lift, which stopped for 15 minutes leaving several athletes and staff stuck in the lift.

In other news...

C45EwyrUEAEIriI.jpg:large

Back