The Concert Thread

I've just bought a ticket for Sabaton in London next weekend. One of my friends is going so it'll be cool to catch up and Sabaton are best enjoyed with beer and good company.

I was looking forward to seeing Sabaton on Friday, but then I saw the forecast. Heavy snow all Thursday night...

Please don't block the roads...Please don't block the roads...

I've only been there once before. It's not in the city centre, though, so maybe it has sound limitation rules on it. In case it disturbs anyone in the nearby car park, on the main road, in the excessively small and worn looking pub next door, or in the boarded up factory along the street.

I forgot to mention: I saw the tall Steve Harris lookalike on Friday. I used to regularly spot him at a variety of rock and metal gigs in Leeds and Manchester, but he was conspicuously missing from Amon Amarth in November and Amorphis earlier last year. I nearly crashed into him on the way to the loos.

I didn't really notice a problem with sound, except for half of the crowd not paying much attention to the band and talking very loudly.

The guy in front of my didn't seem to be having a good time. During one particularly well known song everyone around him was jumping but he just stood still.

I just bought a ticket to see Thrice again, in Camden at the end of April.

This year is looking busy already...

3/02 Epica/Powerwolf/Beyond the Black, Shepherd's Bush Empire
10/02 Anthrax/The Raven Age, Kentish Town Forum
19/02 Firewind, Camden Underworld
2/03 Kreator/Sepultura, Kentish Town Forum
11/03 Gojira, O2 Academy Birmingham
22/03 Devilskin, Camden Underworld
22/04 Dream Theater, Motorpoint Arena Cardiff
27/04 Thrice, Camden KOKO
06/05 Iron Maiden, Dublin
16/05 Iron Maiden, Glasgow
21/05 Iron Maiden, Birmingham
27/05 Iron Maiden, O2 Arena
11/08-13/08 Bloodstock Festival
14/11 Helloween, O2 Brixton Academy

The ones in italics are the ones I'm thinking about/haven't bough tickets for yet.

Udo was so much better than I expected. Every member of his band surpassed my expectations. Very talented. LONG set! So many of those songs from 83-85 I have not heard in a long time and they brought back great memories. It was also the first time in many years me and my 3 best buds from school have been in the same car together to and from the show. Great time! BTW, Udo's son is the drummer!

I saw Accept live four years ago and Mark did a great job but experiencing these songs live with the master himself (Udo) singing, makes all the difference.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/udo-dirkschneider/2017/scout-bar-houston-tx-13f8d181.html

Back