Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Thanks Mosh. That first clip, that's new isn't it! I don't see the need to make this ridiculous. Even if the singer was a chimpansee: let's realize the historical significance...

-This is the first recording of our beloved band, made public. These are the oldest audible versions of certain songs!
-The only recording with a keyboard player.
-The only recording without Dave Murray(!)

On top of that:
-It has very good sound.

I rather see Maiden officially release this, with Harris giving correct song credits. That would change history, the chance would be terribly small.... Now Thunderstick wants to finance his next album. And it goes like this. There's still two camps. No, I rather see this going in a different direction, but alas...

Nonetheless, the recordings are no less interesting.

@lira I think you said there are more tapes. Have a some more info to share with us?

Last edited:
I am kind of disappointed that the proposed setlist has all the songs we already heard. So Steve composed 10-15 songs in 1975 and then only played those live for 5 years until the debut's release?

All those songs have evolved a lot from what I know. He recently said in a interview that back in thoses days, he composed a song every 2-3 months. And they've hardly played a gig for a year, as they had to settle a line-up.

Anyone else think this is actually worth its own thread?

Yes. I made a thread about songs played live in the seventies (based on what @lira wrote on Iron Maiden Pub (on Facebook)) , but focusing on recordings from that era (or this old one) could certainly be set apart as well. I read on Maiden77 facebook page there are more, even older recordings, so we could make one topic for all pre-Soundhouse Tapes recordings, or something in that vein. Unless we wish to separate every recording.

Wanted to make a thread but I wasn't sure if this was something already posted that I missed.

Cheers Naty!
I find this fascinatiing. With mentioned credits, this time (I think I missed this in the other clips)!!

Apparently Nicko played two sets tonight. One with The McBrainiacs ( Maiden covers) and one with Dodgy Enterprise (Bad Company covers).

@Lego did you notice how he went a bit too slow in the break going back to main (slow) rhythm. About 2m50s before the end.
Not really, to be honest- it seems he fudged the second time through that little bridge but I'm pretty sure it's the same tempo change as in the Flight 666 version- just a slight slowdown.

I love the stuff he does like that- makes the music feel more alive!

Back