Rush

Top 5 Rush Albums/Next Band

• Total voters
Peart never said he was retired. He was talking about his daughter, and laughing at something she said. He has said that he's done touring, so it's no news that he is at least partially retired. He hasn't said he'll never play again, and this kind of comment shouldn't be taken that way.

I hope you are correct!

But Neil does continue "True to say, funny to hear" re the "retired drummer" quote.

Long but very enjoyable Geddy interview. It's a pleasure to listen to the man.
Geddy Lee from Rush talks to Kylie Olsson at Abbey Road Studios supporting the release of the band's 40-LIVE filmed at the band's Toronto shows on June 17th and 19th 2015 - released by Universal in Nov 2015.
Geddy talks about how their popularity has continued over their 40 year successful career & discusses the background of the stage sets & theatrics for their retrospective R40 tour. Includes a live clip of their classic song Jacob's Ladder taken from the new R40 release.

Last edited:
On R40 Live:

Man, I wanted to get the DVD only version. Looks like I'd miss out on some cool bonus tracks then:
"Clockwork Angels" 7:46
"The Wreckers" 5:39
"The Camera Eye" 10:21
"Losing It" (with Jonathan Dinklage) 6:13

Fans only get to see all DVD songs (including the tracks above) if they get the DVD plus CDs set. That I find a bit of a rip off. Result:
I am not buying anything (for a while). I don't want some incomplete DVD, nor do I wish to be forced to have the complete DVD by buying the CD's, which I find less interesting than watching these guys. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing Rush live, but I already got several live sets (both DVD and CD's), and this time I thought: having the DVD material is enough.

To end on a more positive note: I heard there'll be a documentary on the tour, later this year (R40 Live does not have any non-song extras). Might get that!

Last edited:
Can someone just cue me in or sumarize on Neil Peart retiring? When did that actualy happened? Wasn't the story that R40 was their "last BIG tour", but they're probably going to continue play live ocasionaly or the tours are going to be lot smaller.... There was no talk before the tour: "this is the last one". What happened in between?

With no acrimony, Neil is saying he's done but exactly what that means is a little unclear.
Geddy thinks the door is still open for Rush as we know it.
Time will tell.

During a question-and-answer session with Canadian television and radio personality George Stroumboulopoulos at yesterday's event, Lifeson and Lee were asked what it has been like spending most of their time at home after Rush completed what could turn out to be the band's final tour in 2015. Lifeson said (see video below): "I don't know. It's been an adjustment, this past year. We've been following up on some other interests that we both have, and we've been learning to get used to the idea, and it's taken a while. But I feel very confident about a lot of things, and music is definitely still one of them. And I'm sure that we'll do something in the future. We can't just stop playing and writing music together."

Asked if he is still keeping the bass fingers ready, Lee said: "Oh, yeah. I play almost every day that I'm around the house. I've been travelling a lot with my wife. We're very big into seeing the world and taking advantage of this break in my career, whatever it may be. But I love playing, and I play a lot. And sooner or later, the right thing will happen."

That was one of the coolest TMS episodes, wish Petrucci got more questions because his was far more interesting than anything asked during the actual show. Also interesting that Petrucci goes back to the first album.

Someone (UltimateClassicRock/MetalSucks/etc) needs to put together a web show where a "classic" artist and a younger artist interview each other like that.

Tons of people have already said this (perhaps here, as well) but if Clockwork Angels turns out to be their last album, they certainly went out on a freakishly high note!

http://www.rush.com/2112-40th/

Super deluxe tracklisting:

SUPER DELUXE:

CD – DISC 1

Original Album Newly Remastered by Abbey Road Studios

1. “2112”
I OVERTURE

II THE TEMPLES OF SYRINX

III DISCOVERY

IV PRESENTATION

V ORACLE: THE DREAM

VI SOLILOQUY

VII GRAND FINALE

1. A PASSAGE TO BANGKOK
  2. THE TWILIGHT ZONE
  3. LESSONS
  4. TEARS
  5. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING
CD – DISC 2

1. SOLAR FEDERATION
  2. OVERTURE – Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins and Nick Raskulinecz
  3. A PASSAGE TO BANGKOK – Billy Talent
  4. THE TWILIGHT ZONE – Steven Wilson
  5. TEARS – Alice In Chains
  6. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING – Jacob Moon
  7. “2112” – Live at Massey Hall 1976 Outtake
  8. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING – Live at Massey Hall 1976 Outtake
  9. THE TWILIGHT ZONE – Live 1977 Contraband
  10. 2112 1976 RADIO AD
DVD – DISC 3

Live at Capitol Theatre 1976

1. BASTILLE DAY
  2. ANTHEM
  3. LAKESIDE PARK
  4. 2112
  5. FLY BY NIGHT
  6. IN THE MOOD
Bonus Videos

1. OVERTURE: Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins and Nick Raskulinecz
  2. A PASSAGE TO BANGKOK: Behind The Scenes with Billy Talent
  3. 2112 – 40 YEARS CLOSER: A Q&A with Alex Lifeson and Terry Brown
200 GRAM – 3LP HOLOGRAM EDITION VINYL with CUSTOM STARMAN TURNTABLE MAT

SIDE ONE

1. “2112”
I OVERTURE

II THE TEMPLES OF SYRINX

III DISCOVERY

IV PRESENTATION

V ORACLE: THE DREAM

VI SOLILOQUY

VII GRAND FINALE

SIDE TWO

1. A PASSAGE TO BANGKOK
  2. THE TWILIGHT ZONE
  3. LESSONS
  4. TEARS
  5. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING
SIDE THREE

1. SOLAR FEDERATION
  2. OVERTURE – Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nick Raskulinecz
  3. A PASSAGE TO BANGKOK – Billy Talent
  4. THE TWILIGHT ZONE – Steven Wilson
  5. TEARS – Alice In Chains
  6. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING – Jacob Moon
SIDE FOUR

1. “2112” – Live at Massey Hall 1976 Outtake
SIDE FIVE

1. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING – Live at Massey Hall 1976 Outtake
  2. THE TWILIGHT ZONE – Live 1977 Contraband
  3. 2112 RADIO AD
SIDE SIX

Custom Vinyl Etching by Hugh Syme

EXCLUSIVE SUPER DELUXE BONUS ITEMS:

Original Hugh Syme STARMAN Pencil Sketch Litho

Massey Hall June 1976 Ticket Stub Litho

Massey Hall June 1976 Handbill

Three Collector Buttons

------------------------------

Not sure if I need yet another remaster of this album and I have to admit I'm not very enticed by the bonus audio. A CD of covers? Come on. Twilight Zone live is really exciting though and I'm always interested in vintage video content.

Back