The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Aha! That big gap between Barcelona and Milan. I think that means just one date left unaccounted for now. There's still speculation about London, but that means it would be just one date, not two. My money is on them playing the remaining date somewhere other than London, then, and the the UK getting a short tour of its own as suggested before.

Aha! That big gap between Barcelona and Milan. I think that means just one date left unaccounted for now. There's still speculation about London, but that means it would be just one date, not two. My money is on them playing the remaining date somewhere other than London, then, and the the UK getting a short tour of its own as suggested before.
Aye. When is the question.

How cool is this?! Maiden posted a video of Ed Force One taking off from Fortaleza, with view from the cockpit! This footage makes me think that a documentary may be underway...

Just got back earlier tonight from Detroit. Drove a little over 500 miles each way and it was totally worth it. Wife is a committed fan now after her first taste of Maiden. I am still pumped up after 24 hours and finally, after more then 20 years trying to see them in concert I did it.
I loved all of it. I tried to take it all in, every last bit.
I thought IESF worked really well and was surprised by how well Speed of light worked.
I was there as well. I'm still kinda gleaming from it...a week later. It was a great, great show. They sounded so much better than when I saw them there in 2006. We drove up from Columbus and it was worth it. I was also at the pre-party at the bar across the street earlier meeting all kinda fellow metalheads.

Well the show was really good last night, and I think it went better than the Vegas show. I was center stage on the rail the whole night, the pushing was pretty bad at the beginning and got really bad at The Red and the Black, and I was thinking about bailing. However it oddly died down after that.

The best song of the night was The Book of Souls. It also had the best moment, Eddie came out and was doing his thing, then he scratched his ass, Adrian noticed that, looked directly at me and made a face like 'wtf?'

I simultaneously caught a drum stick with some lady before the encore, I was a bit stronger and wrestled it away then stuck it down my pants. She still tried to grab it... Then she eventually gave up and after Wasted Years, I nearly had another, but it bounced it of my hand. I also felt bad because this kid next to me, he was like 7 or 8, nearly had one of Steves wristbands, one of the bouncers picked it up off the floor and ran off with it though.

The Raven Age was better than they were in Vegas, but we're still not very good.

5 shows in 6 years (when it comes to 2017)....

We're not that bad are we, guys?
Donington 2013, London (two dates at O2 in 2013), Knebworth 2014, & Donington 2016 (forthcoming). It's total fucking nonsense. Essentially, aside from three festival dates & back-to-back nights in London three years ago, we haven't seen them since August 2011. That'll be six long years come next year. Bad, bad, bad.
But it could be something special.
I could just not happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only imagine things went wrong because of Bruce's illness, and we would have otherwise got a handful of dates last year/this year.

Back