The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Yes, they sold bandanas! Also, they stayed fairly true to the solos (which happened to be one of my favorite parts of the concert, the solos).

Thanks people for the guitar solo updates. I'm looking forward to each and every solo but in particular Dave's melodic masterpiece in Death And Glory and all solos in TBOS.

I was Adrian and Daves side of the stage and heard mostly their guitars. No

I've stood Davey's side every time...caught a pic during TFF and my brother caught one of Dave's sweaty wristbands.

Yes, they sold bandanas!

Thank god.

I am european but awake :D.

Wow, did you go to the gig on Vegas and return to Europe already? Must have your own 747!

Hey all was at the Mandalay bay last night. On the floor about ten bac center! Closest I've ever been to the band in all these years. Incredible show. Definitely more energy and purpose than recent tours, imo.
The pyro. The eddies. The stage desing. The solos. The voice! Holy crap best ever. What can I say about Bruce? I can't put into words what a performance . And the opening? Come on now . I was losing it. Bruce with the smoke, and intro in live voice!! Holy crap the crowd was losing it and the rest was equally awesome. Set list is fine. Glad to have wasted years and no running free. The new songs were impossible to explain killer. Cotd was a real treat. Powerslave was its masterful self. Crowd loved it. And this was my favorite fear of the dark live ever. Clean and powerful. I'm outa words. Killer show.... Can't wait til April !!!!

Less than 20 days from now. I'm so damn anxious. I know that I should try to go to São Paulo, to see a second concert, but I'll just stand still, hoping that they remember of the southern hemisphere on an eventual 2nd leg (wherever it is a Book of Souls Tour or a tour based on the new game)

So, the Vegas weekend was pretty much like the best ever for me. Ran into Janick a few times on Saturday, ran into Nicko on Sunday. The show, of course, was incredible. Definitely one of the best Maiden shows I've ever seen and probably the most fun I've had at an album or any tour in ages. Just non stop awesomeness.

The merch lines were insane but I'm glad I was able to get a Vegas shirt. There were all sorts of cool merch things as well, including posters which I'll grab in NYC as I had no safe way of getting them home.

Stumbled into a Trooper party of sorts before the show at an Irish pub near the venue and got some free swag. That was cool.

I'm going to miss seeing Maiden shirts all over the place!

And as if fate had a way of topping the weekend off for me, as my wife and I were frantically running to catch our flight yesterday afternoon we saw Ed Force One. I can't even make stuff like this up, it was the perfect capper to an amazingly unforgettable weekend.

No idea how much others have posted.

Vegas was about the best thing ever, and I had a fantastic time. The show itself was incredible. The highlights for me were Powerslave, The Red and the Black, Tears of a Clown, and The Book of Souls itself. Since Bruce is throwing Eddie's heart into the crowd, that means somewhere on Ed Force One is a box labeled "Hearts x40, Edward T. Head" or something similar.

Stage show was great.

The Raven Age was not.

I have a four day hangover, so I am gonna just crawl into bed or something.

No idea how much others have posted.

Vegas was about the best thing ever, and I had a fantastic time. The show itself was incredible. The highlights for me were Powerslave, The Red and the Black, Tears of a Clown, and The Book of Souls itself. Since Bruce is throwing Eddie's heart into the crowd, that means somewhere on Ed Force One is a box labeled "Hearts x40, Edward T. Head" or something similar.

Stage show was great.

The Raven Age was not.

I have a four day hangover, so I am gonna just crawl into bed or something.

I agree, a lot of fun. Vegas was just perfect for a Maiden show/meetup. Already decided that on the next tour if they play there again I am going for sure in addition to any other shows I might hit. Just the nature of the venue, being a 24/7 city, and people flying in from all over the place made all the pre-concert stuff really cool as well as a good crowd that is seriously into Maiden

So, the Vegas weekend was pretty much like the best ever for me. Ran into Janick a few times on Saturday, ran into Nicko on Sunday. The show, of course, was incredible. Definitely one of the best
Stumbled into a Trooper party of sorts before the show at an Irish pub near the venue and got some free swag. That was cool.

Dude, we were at the same thing!! Very fun! We met a chick from Houston and her husband from Belgium-- he'd seen Maiden 147 times (is that right?)

Some things I was thinking: I've never been in the 'pit' area before and that was amazing! I thought it was kinda hard to make out what Bruce was saying sometimes.

As to Janick, I thought he was less 'crazy' during the early part of the show and returned to 'normal' crazy for the last 3-4 songs. I swear, I don't even know if he was playing anything half the time.

Serious question, why does he even tour, it seems like its H-Dave-Steve, and he just stands over on his side doing the same stuff.

Loved the stage, loved the backdrops, agree with Mosh, TNOTB backdrop could have looked more like the album cover and would have been cooler.

I thought Bruce was more 'animated' than I recall seeing him before. He was running and jumping (which he does) but he just seemed 'amplified' or 'intensified' or something-- just a lot more than normal.

I'm still trying to assimilate all the things I saw and heard :)

I had too many Troopers to comprehend everything I saw. Honestly, once Doctor Doctor started the show felt like it was 5 minutes long. Just one highlight after the other. I find album tours so much more fun than retro tours - the band just seems and feels that more alive. Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's because I love new Maiden records, but that's how it feels every time.

And to those who hate on Fear of the Dark - for what it's worth, this was my wife's first Maiden show and that was the highlight for her. So I guess there's something there. It is a great live song that's for sure, always a blast.

With Fear of the Dark, I always think "shit, give it a rest already" .. but then they play it and I enjoy it. But, I still think they could give it a tour off ... like they did with Hallowed

FOTD shouldn't have been played on either of the last 2 history tours
They stayed pretty true. Tears of a Clown solos were pretty much note for note. The Book of Souls has the best solos. Only heard Adrian during Wasted Years.
I don't think so, I was Adrian and Daves side of the stage and heard mostly their guitars. No
Does Maiden do like Slayer and separate their guitars through the left and right speakers?

Back