The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

There are always songs I would rather have to any setlist, but this seems pretty damn good. Powerslave is an awesome addition ... and running free-free

It's fine, it's fine! I'm really satisfied with the fact they actually played 6 from TBOS. Powerslave was the surprise of the night. Alright, good setlist. Let's see if they play 16 next show, but that's probably going to be it.

They fucked up Red and the Black a few places. Think it was Nicko. If they don't sort it out I can see them replacing it with something. Wrathchild maybe :p

I've been hearing a rumour that Maiden is going to at least cycle a few songs though out the the tour. Just the classic songs and encore songs.
The songs that they would probally rotate are Phantom Of The Opera, Remember Tomorrow, Killers, Total Eclipse, To Tame A Land, and The Duellist. But this it a rumour don't my word for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been hearing rumour that Maiden is going to at least cycle a few songs though out the the tour. Just the classic songs and encore songs.
Phantom Of The Opera, Remember Tomorrow, Killers, Total Eclipse, To Tame A Land, and The Duellist.

Where are you hearing this from?

Pretty sweet set overall I would say! Also, before the tour, I thought to myself that the big Eddie during IM would be just his head rising from the back of the stage and I was right. And the huge beast on the side of the stage for NOTB is really awesome!

I've been hearing rumour that Maiden is going to at least cycle a few songs though out the the tour. Just the classic songs and encore songs.
The songs that they would probally rotate are Phantom Of The Opera, Remember Tomorrow, Killers, Total Eclipse, To Tame A Land, and The Duellist. But this it a rumour don't my word for it.

I very much doubt they'll play The Duellists but it would be sweet to hear that extended instrumental section live, it could also give bruce's voice a rest but after today's show i don't think he really needs it as he's clearly on top form

Sorry to be skipping ahead like this but does anybody going to the Tulsa gig know if the messages for FTTB have been sent or not?

Some thoughts after watching the concert on periscope:

Dave seems to be having a lot of fun with his solos. I mean what was that in NOTB? His Hallowed solo was really good, along with his solo in Fear of the Dark.

Janick is goofier than ever, and I love him for it. Especially during Iron Maiden, with the guitar wrapped around his leg.

I think Bruce sounded better than any of us suspected. The minute he sang the intro to Eternity any doubts I had were gone. For his age, and what he's been through, it's remarkable how good he sounds. I did notice he didn't spend as much time on his risers running around, but that's to be expected.

A little sad that the only post reunion song outside of six from TBOS was Blood Brothers, but overall the setlist strikes a really good balance.

I'm happy.

Back