The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

You could try Kuma's??? Its about 5 miles away, so its a hike-- but how better to celebrate Maiden than a Maiden Burger and Trooper beer??? :)

Kuma's is amazing, as is the Maiden burger! However, it's rather far for out-of-towners unless you have a car. Also, the wait times at the original location are generally 2-3 hours. The second location, a mile further East, has a much shorter wait, but it's still a hike. Kuma's Too would be a better bet for sure if people have transportation and are willing to spring a few extra bucks for their meals.

flight tracker indicated Ed Force one is in the air to the Bahamas. It's going to get Steve. This allows us to watch it land upon return assuming it's not to close to the venue time. Landing time in Bahamas is 1:01pm.... will turn around and fly back pretty quick I imagine. I'll update everyone with ETA for arriving back in Ft Lauderdale for those who wanna watch

I highly doubt it's fetching Steve, that's insanely last minute if it is and haven't the band all been rehearsing in Florida for the last few weeks? I'd bet on some filming being done and them using that as the course since it's not too far.

^ I thought it to be odd as the cost to take off and land that sucker is a lot and that tiny airport in the Bahamas at Nassau....

from what I read, the band have been rehearsing in the UK and flew out here all together on Friday

The plane just came over from the UAE, stopping at Cardiff for Bruce to take the controls, and to pick up some equipment and staff.

oh... cool. wonder what the heck ed force one is doing then... no eta on it coming back yet.. landing in 1 minute in Nassau

Opening band "The Raven Age" is already on the bb&t (george harris's band, steve's son):

the-raven-age-2016.jpg

I think they will, by releasing Live At Donington '07 on CD and DVD (according to Kevin Shirley's website, the latter has already mixed it).
That album/DVD used to be listed on his website back in 2008, so it's not like he did it recently to be honest.
I have posted this in another thread already, this picture is a screenshot of his website from 2008 (I used webarchive.org to retrieve it):
155.jpg

Obviously the band preferred to release different stuff instead, maybe they were not that happy with the footage. And I think it made more sense commercially to re-release Live After Death on DVD, then release the Flight 666 movie etc. My belief is that some of the audio it will be featured on the "Legacy of the Beast" soundtrack instead.

And btw, I saw The Raven Age supporting British Lion last summer, and I thought they were quite good. Definitely technically skilled musicians. I am not too sure that they will appeal to the audience at Maiden concerts, but I will enjoy watching them without a doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Raven seem to have a mix of thrash and nu metal in them.... as for Maiden, I think they have footage and audio from Somewhere on Tour they may not be happy with and have hesitated to release it. I know they claim they have bits of the show but not a full record. Why not release the bits?

Kuma's is amazing, as is the Maiden burger! However, it's rather far for out-of-towners unless you have a car. Also, the wait times at the original location are generally 2-3 hours. The second location, a mile further East, has a much shorter wait, but it's still a hike. Kuma's Too would be a better bet for sure if people have transportation and are willing to spring a few extra bucks for their meals.

Even though I started it here, I suggest moving this conversation to the Community/2016 Maidenfans.com Meetup Thread forum.

Odyssey Bahamas has a twitter post of Ed force one in the Bahamas...

edit: speculation suggests it was moved to avoid the severe weather coming in tonight. There are reported tornadoes with this storm. Hail as well. They may have moved it to safety

Back