DIO

Posted on the Dio facebook page:
13343040_1030691903633886_6664441687511131300_n.jpg

Looks like Eddie in the background.

They realized they couldn't sell tickets as the Dio Disciples without Dio.

It's grave robbery, idolatry and desecration all in one.

I think we should judge by intent in this case. I don't think this was done in mean spirit, or for malicious means. I think this was a way to honour one of, if not, the greatest metal singer of all-time.

I'm mostly interested in what Hologram Dio's stage banter is like.

I will admit, there's something a little unsettling about the "hologram" going on tour though.

I think we should judge by intent in this case. I don't think this was done in mean spirit, or for malicious means. I think this was a way to honour one of, if not, the greatest metal singer of all-time.

Perhaps, if they did it as a one-off, we could argue it was an (albeit tasteless) tribute, but if they're going to go on tour with it (source), it feels more like a cash grab.

That said, I want to see video footage.

Haven't been able to locate any. Mind you, this was a relatively minor gig at the festival, I think we won't be overwhelmed with footage from late in the show.

Perhaps, if they did it as a one-off, we could argue it was an (albeit tasteless) tribute, but if they're going to go on tour with it (source), it feels more like a cash grab.

Probably a little of Column A (wanting the world to experience Dio in a live capacity as much as they possibly can given today's technology) and Column B (milking the cash cow).

Of course I don't have any proof, but I think it may be a little bit of Column A and an overwhelming bit of Column B. Although I admit that my view is tarnished because even if it was all Column A, I'd think of it as tasteless and disrespectful.

Who knows...I'm not disturbed by this so much, as it has happened before. The real question is - do I think Dio would mind.

Back