Official Football Thread

I've seen many doubters for Zlatan's EPL journey. I personally think he's gonna take a dump on the league. I mean, Olivier Giroud is a solid goalscorer in this league and he's a donkey. -A good looking one, but a donkey nonetheless-

Mkhitaryan's shirt is already on sale on Man Utd's store, possible double announcement of him and Zlatan tomorrow :D

Sam Allardyce in talks to become next England manager :D
Not sure about that. Personally, I'd let Klinsmann have a crack at it or possibly bring back Hoddle. Eddie Howe is too inexperienced, but a possible future manager.

New FIFA ranking (14 July 2016)
1. Argentina 1.585 pnt
2. Belgium 1.401
3. Colombia 1.331
4. Germany 1.319
5. Chile 1.316
6. Portugal (8) 1.266
7. France (20) 1.189
8. Spain (6) 1.165
9. Brazil (7) 1.156
10 Italy (12) 1.155
26. Netherlands (14) * 848
* Lowest position for Netherlands EVER.

Our opponents in the World Cup-qualification, apart from France:
40. Sweden (35) 735
77. Bulgaria (69) 518
72. Latvia (78) 442
146. Luxembourg 219

Borussia Dortmund already signed Merino, Dembélé, Bartra, Rode, Mor, Guerreiro and are also set to get Schürrle and Götze + maybe Kovacic and Sissoko. They'll have insane depth, maybe Bayern finally gets dethroned after 4 years.

I doubt it. Bayern didn't stand pat either, signed Mats Hummels and Renato Sanches. Kingsley Coman is only going to get better, too.

Though I really like what Dortmund has done for the future. Ousmane Dembele and Emre Mor are great signings. Throw Christian Pulisic and Julian Weigl into the mix and they might have something special in their hands.

Jaap Stam is coach of Reading.

Check this stunning goal by Dominic Samuels during a training:

Last edited:
Kanté moves to Chelsea. Very disappointed that he swapped CL with Leicester for nothing with Chelsea. Leicester already got Nampalys Mendy, so they should be fine, although there are rumors Mahrez wants out too.

I've heard Mendy is more of a classic defensive midfielder, while Kanté was box-to-box. However, they also have Amartey who is box-to-box and fast as fuck:

Schmeichel
New RB Huth Morgan Fuchs
Mahrez Amartey Mendy Gray
Vardy Musa

Apart from the defenders could be one of the fastest teams in the league, perfect for counterattacking.

Kanté is as classic as a defensive midfielder can get. The fact that he's able to run a shit ton doesn't really make him a box-to-box. (Danny Drinkwater is the box-to-box there)

They're both carbon copies of Claude Makélélé.

Fecking hell, we had a year with a shit City, United and Chelsea and lost the title to fucking Leicester. Now they're all coming in for the kill while we sit around and wait. 4th place here we come.

Back