Nordic Countries

That really raises more questions than it answers...

I'll guess...some proto- or archaic version used no more, like Elizabethan English?

I'll guess...some proto- or archaic version used no more, like Elizabethan English?
Absolutely not archaic, but modern and hyper modern. The language of nowadays, the one of literature, radio, TV, spoken in the streets and in family circles. The purebred Russian we speak today.

On topic. I'd think Icelandic would be a candidate for the most "purebred" language in Europe. They have a tradition, and an active policy, for actively seeking to avoid adopting loan words, and instead finding good Icelandic words for them.

Also, Sabaton.

And more importantly, how do you call a cheeseburger in Russia?
Cheeseburger--"чизбургер". Who knows, may be Icelandic way is the one for the language to evolve and develop. 30% of words in Russian--are borrowings and loan-words.
"Computer" in Icelandic--"tolva". In French--"un ordinateur", derives from Latin "ordo" (order).
Is Sabaton a good band?

I know this discussion is completely futile and I'll regret asking this but I have to ask. If 30% of the words used in Russian are from foreign origin, how can you keep talking about "purebred" language?

Last edited:
Back