Official Star Wars Thread

No trouble finding tickets here. I think it's just the midnight premieres that sold out. When I went to buy mine (2 days ago) I checked two theaters (including a really popular one downtown) and only 2 showings were sold out for opening day. Just make sure you buy your tickets before going to the theater. :p

Going next Tuesday with the kids....
Have an open mind and hoping it's better than 1, 2 and 3.
Abrams better not mess this one up!!

3h 15 min. Got one thing spoiled in a comment section of r/4chan, dammit. Should've known better than to look there, but oh well. Might even be fake for all I know.

Last edited:
Seen it. It's a bit too early to give my full opinion on it but...
its structure is a bit too similar to A New Hope, however I can't find any big faults with it. All the new characters are great too.

I finally clicked on the Spoiler, expecting to be spoilt. That's one pretty underwelming "spoiler", second only to a single ninja emoticon. :p

Tonight I'm going to watch Return of the Jedi and then I'm going to see it at Friday night then again Saturday morning.

This will be the most epic thing I've seen since Maiden in 2013

Don't read this if you haven't seen it yet!!

So is Rey a Skywalker or what? Han definitely recognized her when he heard her name! I Don't like the fact that Rey is a really powerful force user without any training unless she was part of the Knights of Ren who Luke trained before Ben turned to the dark side and slaughtered everyone but even if that was true wouldn't Kylo recognize her or Snoke would mention it surely. Also no explanation as to why Leia is part of the resistance and not leader of the new republic. so many questions! I can't wait for Episode VIII now along as it isn't a remake of Empire. the new characters were pretty cool especially Snoke

Last edited:
Don't read this if you haven't seen it yet!!

So is Rey a Skywalker or what? Han definitely recognized her when he heard her name! I Don't like the fact that Rey is a really powerful force user without any training unless she was part of the Knights of Ren who Luke trained before Ben turned to the dark side and slaughtered everyone but even if that was true wouldn't Kylo recognize her or Snoke would mention it surely. Also no explanation as to why Leia is part of the resistance and not leader of the new republic. so many questions! I can't wait for Episode VIII now along as it isn't a remake of Empire. the new characters where pretty cool especially Snoke
I think Rey had her memory wiped or changed. I'd prefer if she wasn't related to anyone, but she's probably Luke's daughter. Even if Kylo Ren knew her, it might've been when she was a small kid, it's possible he didn't recognize her and that Rey isn't her real name.

I think Rey had her memory wiped or changed. I'd prefer if she wasn't related to anyone, but she's probably Luke's daughter. Even if Kylo Ren knew her, it might've been when she was a small kid, it's possible he didn't recognize her and that Rey isn't her real name.

but when Rey touched the lightsaber and had the visions the Knights of Ren didn't look like kids and least not young enough to forget something like what happened, i would prefer it if Rey was unrelated to anyone but Star Wars is really supposed to be the story of the Skywalker Family (Anakin -Luke-??)

Back