Official Star Wars Thread

Cool

-------------------------

May the force be with rival Hollywood studios trying to get their trailers placed before Disney and Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Force Awakens, from director J.J. Abrams.

One studio already prevailing is Paramount, which will unveil a promo for Star Trek Beyond tied to Force Awakens, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The Star Wars reboot launches in select theaters on the evening of Dec. 17 before opening everywhere in North America on Dec. 18.

It's no surprise that the latest installment in the Star Trek series would get favored treatment. Abrams, whose Bad Robot production company is based at Paramount, produced Star Trek Beyond after directing the first two films in the revitalized franchise, Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013).

Abrams gave up directing duties on Star Trek Beyond to helm Star Wars: Force Awakens for Lucasfilm and Disney.

Star Trek Beyond doesn't open in theaters until July 22, but there couldn't be a better berth to showcase the film than Force Awakens.

I will probably enhance the experience of seven-movies-within-the-week with playing Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy again! :jedi:

Same here - an Episode per day! The Phantom Menace tonight. It's crazy how close TFA is now, I can't believe it...
Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy
Two best Star Wars games ever. Story (especially in Jedi Academy) is not very good, but they are the best 'Jedi simulators' out there. The action is great. Back in the day I played them non-stop, to the point that I associate some Original Trilogy music more with Jedi Academy levels than the actual scenes from films... I know this freaking game by heart.

Morons

--------------------------------------------------------------

In 2013 officials at Canyon High School in Anaheim Hills, California, were offendedby an NRA T-shirt that included a photograph of a hunter holding a rifle. They said it violated a ban on clothing that "promotes or depicts" violence. Last fall the principal and vice principal of Dexter McCarty Middle School in Gresham, Oregon, took a similar view of a troop-supporting T-shirt that included a drawing of a rifle next to the slogan "Standing for Those Who Stood for Us." Last week, moving even further away from actual weapons, officials at George Junior High School in Rosenberg, Texas, made a seventh-grader cover up his Star Wars: The Force Awakens T-shirt because it depicted an Imperial Stormtrooper holding a blaster rifle, which in their view violated a rule against "symbols oriented toward violence."

KTRK, the ABC station in Houston, reports that seventh-grader Colton Southern had worn the shirt to school several times without objection before attracting the attention of censorious administrators last Thursday. Attempting an explanation,The Washington Post notes that "the incident comes at a time when schools across the country are on high alert because of a spate of mass shootings." The Post neglects to point out that none of those shootings involved blaster rifles, which do not actually exist.

"Administrators say they did not reprimand the student, though they could have required him to change or assigned him in-school suspension," KTRK reports. They only made him zip up his jacket so no one could see the offending image.

"It's political correctness run amok," Colton's father, Joe Southern, told KTRK. "You're talking about a Star Wars T-shirt, a week before the biggest movie of the year comes out. It has nothing to do with guns or making a stand. It's just a Star Wars shirt." Southern added that his son is not exactly a troublemaker: "He's a Boy Scout, active in church, volunteers at Brazos Bend State Park. There's not a violent bone in his body. He's just an excited kid for the movie."

How many mass shootings were there before Star Wars came out?
Coincidence? I think not. Brave move by the authorities.

12390953_10154323594906840_7212156019117002528_n.jpg

Am I the only one here who has absolutely no intention of watching the new Star Wars film?

Back