TBOS Tour Predictions

Have they ever done an album tour without playing a song from the previous album?

I don't see that happening this time. They'll do El Dorado and/or Coming Home.

Ah that's right. Although give the circumstances I'd consider that tour more of an outlier.

If any reunion album won't have any songs played it'll probably be Dance of Death and maybe AMOLAD. Which is unfortunate, I love Brave New World but it has gotten more than its fair share of setlist space.

How likely do you all think the odds of them bringing back a song like "Holy Smoke" into the setlist would be? I was recently at Hot Topic and I was astonished that one of the Maiden Shirts they were selling was of he artwork from the Holy Smoke single cover. I was looking at it and I thought... "Hmm... that was a pretty decent tune. Maybe they would bring that one back?"

The more I think about it, the more I think of how it MIGHT actually work. It's a song they don't play at all anymore off an album they hardly show any love for, despite it being Janick's first album with the band. They shocked everyone last tour with "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" and now that Bruce is claiming they are gonna play a classic they don't play anymore, maybe this could be it. It would be a more upbeat song in the setlist that will very well consist of more modern songs.

Personally, I'd rather them play something like "Killers", "Flight of Icarus", "Still Life", or "Stranger in a Strange Land". Hell, even more modern forgotten songs like "Longest Day" or "Out of the Shadows" would be awesome. However, if they do in fact bring back "Holy Smoke"... I would happily enjoy it regardless.

What do you all think?

My prediction is that after iron maiden the song has been played out and the band departs the stage they will come back and play empire of the clouds as the only encore song.

Empire has been such a talking point re the new album that I'm sure the band would love to bring this out on stage. Due to its length and the style of the song I don't think it would work at all as part of the main set but as a closer to the whole set right at the end it would work superbly.

If this happens then I can see if eternity should fail and speed of light being definite openers and the book of souls will definitely get into the set. That leaves room for probably only one more track from the latest album and my guess would be the red and the black.

My prediction is that after iron maiden the song has been played out and the band departs the stage they will come back and play empire of the clouds as the only encore song.

Empire has been such a talking point re the new album that I'm sure the band would love to bring this out on stage. Due to its length and the style of the song I don't think it would work at all as part of the main set but as a closer to the whole set right at the end it would work superbly.

If this happens then I can see if eternity should fail and speed of light being definite openers and the book of souls will definitely get into the set. That leaves room for probably only one more track from the latest album and my guess would be the red and the black.

Setlist spoilers follow:

Bruce has already said in at least 2 interviews they won't do Empire Of The Clouds live.

Also Speed of Light, Death or Glory and The Book Of Souls have all been basically confirmed.

Setlist spoilers follow:

Bruce has already said in at least 2 interviews they won't do Empire Of The Clouds live.

Also Speed of Light, Death or Glory and The Book Of Souls have all been basically confirmed.

Nothing is set in stone until the first concert is played, or we get a 100% cast iron official announcement from the band prior to the tour. They can always change their minds when rehearsal for the tour starts.

Nothing is set in stone until the first concert is played, or we get a 100% cast iron official announcement from the band prior to the tour. They can always change their minds when rehearsal for the tour starts.

Yes, but to disagree with what the band themselves have said in interviews doesn't make for a healthy prediction.

I'd love to see Empire. It's a wonderful song and if it did happen I suspect it'd be as you suggested. But I feel like putting it into a setlist is wishful thinking rather than prediction at this point.

From the "long songs" on the record, I'd much rather hear The Red And The Black in a live setting over Empire or even Book Of Souls.
I may even have my fingers crossed for that one over anything else on the entire album.
Great stuff.

Last edited:
Very unlikely, mainly because we will probably get Heaven Can Wait, and I really doubt they would play 2 songs from SIT on TBOS world tour. Unless................ celebration of 30th year anniversary from SIT? Nah, I doubt.

Very unlikely, mainly because we will probably get Heaven Can Wait, and I really doubt they would play 2 songs from SIT on TBOS world tour. Unless................ celebration of 30th year anniversary from SIT? Nah, I doubt.

Maybe they are planning something. After all Bruce said they're gonna be revisting a classic that would make us go "Wow! They never play that!"
According to setlist.fm, the last time SoM was played was in 1987 and it was only played a total of 68 times. So maybe? I think Stranger in a Strange Land and Flight of Icarus are the bigger possibilities. But with this band, who knows?!

BTW... my new predictions...

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Wrathchild
4. Brighter than a Thousand Suns
5. Stranger in a Strange Land
6. Coming Home
7. Death or Glory
8. Paschendale
9. Tears of a Clown
10. The Book of Souls
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
----------------
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed be Thy Name
16. Sanctuary

Another possibility... if they in fact play "Still Life". (sorry if I'm bugging people with my setlist predictions. It's just a hobby I enjoy.)

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Wrathchild
4. Brighter than a Thousand Suns
5. The Red and the Black
6. Still Life
7. Death or Glory
8. Paschendale
9. El Dorado
10. The Book of Souls
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Fear of the Dark