"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received this e-mail from Amazon... it offended me... clearly someone at Amazon is confused or don't know anything about metal...
Me too! i just lol'd
----
After i ended listening BoS , i had no words to express what i thought about it. I felt they could have done a song or two similar to others (at leas the chorus) like run to the hills, wasted years, aces high, but this was because i was thinking about the concerts, i know it has GREAT songs for concerts it was maybe that i still don't get the lyrics 100%. or that we still don't hear this song live.

The album for me is a masterpice. The intro on The Man of Sorrows almost brought me to tears, maybe i just didn't cry because i wasn't alone, wasting love, the evil that men do, tears of the dragon, are some song that could cause what i was feeling and they felt short to Man of Sorrows in a couple of minutes, it was AMAZING to feel that way.

Personally i don't like songs that are extra long, they can fall in a "boring zone" , i was afraid of Empire of the Clouds for this, but its a great song that it doesn't feel like a 18 minutes song, can't wait to try and play it on piano.

i don't remember who said it, but its totally right "this album is the reason why god invented ears" . Can't wait to see them live, and i hope they have a chance to make a concert where the Mayan pyramids are.

Anyone else wish there was more repetitive choruses?
t8Zkr1P.gif

Did you say there was a difference between the 320 and 192? Does the 192 sound better?

I actually got 3 different versions of the album. One is the initial leak at 320kbps, then I got a 192kps and a second 320kbps(different sources). The last one I just got and sounds the best but no major differences.

The more I listen to it the more I dislike it. Such an embarrassment. It's like it came from a completely different album.

Sound quality is one thing. Not even 128 kbit/s would make the band sound they were jamming after a trip to the pub like this do though.

Reactions: Gk1
The more I listen to it the more I dislike it. Such an embarrassment. It's like it came from a completely different album.
Yeah, it sounds like its from AMOLAD so whoever likes that will like this song. i think its one of the bottom 3 so far though

Edit: BTW if this was on AMOLAD it would be one of the best songs on that album, BOS is just that good

You even hear the Pro Tools cross fades between the sections where they've edited parts together in "The Red and the Black". This is just a band that doesn't care about playing stuff anymore.

You even hear the Pro Tools cross fades between the sections where they've edited parts together in "The Red and the Black". This is just a band that doesn't care about playing stuff anymore.
Nice edit from attacking Kevin to provocation like this. I will never understand certain kind of people.:(

Why don't you write to Iron Maiden and tell them you'll produce thier next album for free. i'm sure we'll all be very excited to hear it

For the time being I agree with Maturin. However I don't get why we have to attack someone if he doesn't like the album or parts of it or the production for that matter!

I woke up earlier on a saturday, very happy with the fact I was going to listen to the album again.

Also, time to update my top 10 maiden songs of all time. Welcome, The Red and The Black!
I feel I might add this soon to my top 10.

Also, does the first few minutes of this song remind anyone else of Sign of the Cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back