"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
while i agree with the sentiment i wouldn't ever call BNW garbage
clear.png
Well, I was disappointed when I first heard it. There was too much reunion hype.

Well, i'm done. I didn't expected something that good. There are some points that I don't like but it's still very good album. I'll wait with score till next week but it has potential for one of the best albums.

Listened to the Album

I liked it all, very mixed styles, for all tastes. Thats why Maiden DO WHAT THEY WANT TO!

BOS - Great, great riff, great tempo change, love it. Live will be a blast
IESF - Great intro, chorus
SOL - Everybody knows it
MOS - Tears in me
WTRRD - Fast and furious
SOTV - I was listenning to Somewhere in Time + AMOLAD?
TRATB - Pure Harris
TOAC - The weakest one for me, but its ok
DOG - Glorious
TGU - Very western intro - Feel a AMOLAD + BNW style
EOTC - Need to listen more, no ratings yet, but seems a very sad song

Best since 7th son, for sure

9,5 / 10

I'm done now and utterly drained from every emotion that this record has been pulling out of me. This is not a compilation of songs, it is a journey. This is indeed a new Era of iron Maiden and a completely new path for them. I am not taking these words lightly, since I have been through the same hype and build up for so many times, but I think this is the sum of everything that they stand for. It is the progressive sum of Iron Maiden through the final Frontier, and it is perhaps Bruces finest hour.

Right now, the only time I'm able to really listen is when my brother goes outside to swing. Other than that, I have to keep an ear out for him when we're in the house. So, I was able to make it through IESF, TGU, and 3:30 of TRATB.
So far, I'm loving it quite a bit! On IESF, Bruce didn't have any super amazing vocal parts, but they're still really good and enjoyable. But TGU! WOW! Why oh why did Bruce only get one verse in that song? It's amazing! But that's what repeat listenings are for. And the first 3:30 of TRATB has me completely blown away! So far super awesome though!

I'm done now and utterly drained from every emotion that this record has been pulling out of me. This is not a compilation of songs, it is a journey. This is indeed a new Era of iron Maiden and a completely new path for them. I am not taking these words lightly, since I have been through the same hype and build up for so many times, but I think this is the sum of everything that they stand for. It is the progressive sum of Iron Maiden through the final Frontier, and it is perhaps Bruces finest hour.
I think the perfect summary for this album is that it's very demanding, psychological and even physically

Since the album is "out there" now I wonder if the official IM shop will send out the CDs/vinyl earlier for those that ordered there instead of waiting a day or two before release date.

You guys really need to make use of the "ignore" option, this thread is much more enjoyable for me with it :D

Good advice. Seems as though it's only a couple of people bashing the album, while the rest of us seem to think it's pretty great.

Join him on the swing, it's probably more fun...

Ok, that's a pure troll comment.

This is Maiden's 16th album.

16th.

The complaints that should not be filed against a band considered to be ridiculously influential while still being relevant after 16 albums are the following:

- They sound like they are jamming.
- They don't make songs like they did 20 years ago.
- They never do anything different.

Please notice that vicious cycle.

Anyway, this one is going to be remembered quite well. I honestly believe this and TFF is as far as Maiden can get from their core style without not sounding like Maiden. I also happen to think that is a good thing and one of the reasons they are able to make 16 albums. So here we are with another modern Maiden album that isn't simple.

Thank fucking God.

Yup, my ears are bleeding... ;)
I'm having problems enjoying it too (the music is amazing). There's some ugly transients going on with the snare that actually bothers me the most and has me reacting to it almost every hit . It needs a firm but narrow cut where the transient lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back