"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the guys not playing exactly at the same time, that's the point of this line-up. I literally read this in a recent interview with Janick.

Am I the only one who thought The Great Unknown and Death or Glory are the best songs after a few spins? :ninja:

I still think this album is really worth the wait and a true masterpiece.

Of course the songs still need to sink in a bit (it really is a lot to take in), but on first listen i could immediatlty hear many new elements brought in to the Maiden sound... That is, they're STILL evolving. Like any good band should. The really cool thing, and something i truly admire in this band, is that they don't evolve just for the sake of evolving, they actually grow. They bring progress and something interisting ALL THE TIME into their sound. Maiden is a truly living and breathing entity.

Last edited:
Keep it civil, all, please. Differences of opinion happen, we only ask that people respect the views of others and stay polite. If you really don't want to read someone else's posts, there's always the 'ignore' button.

One thing is certain in my mind, Steve said quite a few times that Bruce was sounding better than ever on this album, and I would agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back