"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that's not only me who got that impression ! In a lot of tracks they didn't seems to know where the song is going... that's what really disappointed me. And it is not the case on tracks like "death or glory".
I think it's the listeners who can't follow it, who don't know where the tracks are going. Sorry that it got too complex for some of you guys.

Now put on your simple rock music again. On this forum different music can be expected.

Thank god. As someone holding out for the next week, I hope to see this recent negative wave of opinions warming up a bit.
Well, there are two users that post really harsh opinions. Rest is in range quite good - fucking amazing. It will change, but still - it's great album.

So...our overwhelming opinion within 3-4 hours of the leak has gone from:

"HOLY SHIT IT'S THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!!1"

to

"worst album ever stupid shit production and shit"...?

Huh.

Sounds just about like every other album, then. They all have people for and against them. Perhaps some expected this new one would be different? Blame the hype...

I think it's the listeners who can't follow it, who don't know where the track is going. Sorry that it got too complex for some of you guys.
Wow. Such sense of humour ! ;)

Seriously, they are jamming on the longest tracks... that's a manner to do, but it sounds like a jam and not like a "real" track. My point of view.

I think it's the listeners who can't follow it, who don't know where the track is going. Sorry that it got too complex for some of you guys.

Yeah, I'm not sure where this is coming from. The songs are structured really well and definitely go places.

This is new ground for Maiden though, so some fans may get let behind.

Yeah, I'm not sure where this is coming from. The songs are structured really well and definitely go places.

This is new ground for Maiden though, so some fans may get let behind.

That problem have been upped in some press reviews. Not inventing that.
And, i'm aware of progressive tracks structure. Sorry, I do not exclusively listen to iron maiden guys.

Ok, that's not only me who got that impression ! In a lot of tracks they didn't seems to know where the song is going... that's what really disappointed me. And it is not the case on tracks like "death or glory".

Maybe that's what happens when you enter the studio without much fininished material and a producer who doesn't have the authority to point them in a proper direction. I haven't heard it yet, but judging from some information here I'm afraid I'll come to think the album should have been named "Iron Maiden jams for 1,5 hours while their producer is sleeping".

Well not really only new members. Maturin is here for a while. But I can't believe how he disregards all those strong melodies. So much focus on imperfect playing instead.

I mean, by now, we know this band, do we? We know how this albums was approached?

Wow. Such sense of humour ! ;)

Seriously, they are jamming on the longest tracks... that's a manner to do, but it sounds like a jam and not like a "real" track. My point of view.

But do you just not like jamming or is it a poor jam, or is it too "jammy" because YOU don't like jams personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back