Tears Of A Clown

How good is Tears of a Clown on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Now we have arrived to a finale of three great songs. I mean, this disc was very good already, but now Maiden goes deeper, with more drama, and with more sensitive playing.

What a beauty. Bruce's lyrics are clearly about Robin Williams, and stress the good (from the outside) and dark sides. It felt very personal, like a great tribute to (people like) Williams. Pity and sadness are emotions that I felt. Although there might be a positive vibe as well (e.g. about good memories other people have), but I need to read the lyrics to check that out to be sure.

Until now, I wasn't over the moon by some of the Adrian and Dave solos. Perhaps it was their effects but they weren't that striking as some Janick solos. Well, this song is a comeback!

The first one is a lengthy one by Adrian. Nice build-up with some soaring long notes and also good fast stuff fitting excellent with the rest of the music and atmosphere. Then Dave. A shorter solo but really a crying one. Perfect!! Played with the best feel you can imagine, it is also creative at the same time. He makes a couple of stops, resulting in a pearl of a solo, words don't do it justice. Adrian's was as good! But Dave's sounded as if he really brought something new (not that he didn't play some amazing stuff in the past, but just wait and see how "new" this feels).

Dave has a very emotional solo on Coming home as well!

EDIT: IN MY OPINION

The En Vivo version is especially awesome. Better feel than studio and it's awkward but great to see him play the Les Paul.

The En Vivo version is especially awesome. Better feel than studio and it's awkward but great to see him play the Les Paul.

...which is the Les Paul initially destined for H. He did not like it but Dave loved it! But yes you are right, I can't have enough of both their solos from the En Vivo! version

This song got a lot of hype in the past week, and I thought it was a pretty good song. Theres a riff in there that sounds exactly like These Walls by Dream Theater. Dave's solo sounded a bit funny. But I have to give this song a 10/10. [\spoiler]

Great song, but to be a bit picky I wish the vocals were produced in a better way, and maybe with some harmonies or background.

You can be picky after real release. Now it's all compressed or whatever you call this in english. But I'm very suprised with lyrics. They are very good (subject is so hard it's easy to be cheesy) and music - very bold move to NOT make this a ballad.

The more I listen to this song, the more I'm hearing Sabaton in it.

Back