"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there won't be any early leak... The temptation would be unbearable and I want to listen to the record properly - with the mysterious deluxe edition book in my hands.

What's in the book anyway? Is it just like the CD inlay in book form? Haven't read at all

1. "Book of Souls" - Janick Gers, duh. Favourite songwriter and favourite guitarplayer in Iron Maiden.
2. "Empire of the Clouds" - 18 minutes? Piano? I want to hear how this sounds.
3. "If Eternity Should Fail" - The goddamn opening track!
4. "The Red and the Black" - The Harris-penned epic. Gonna be epic.
5. "Tears of a Clown" - Hyped as favourite song by Bruce? Check. Hope for really thoughtful lyrics.
Same as mine except for Tears of a Clown, I think it will have a similar vibe as Coming Home, wich is good for a few listens but gets on the nerves afterward

What's in the book anyway? Is it just like the CD inlay in book form? Haven't read at all
It remains unknown as far as I know. It concerns me a bit, because maybe it's not worth it. The picture looks like the the CD case is DVD format and the book is like 30 pages of... something ;) Looks cool. It would be nice if the CDs were in the actual book not in a separate case.

I never got why we need to praise every Maiden song that is longer than 7 minutes, just because it happens to be long. SOL seems like a perfectly fine song that has got the Bruce and H stamp all over it. I t was about time we got a decent Maiden rocker.

EDIT: sometimes I think that if SOL had a 3 minute acoustic intro everyone would love it.

This forum would think Speed of Light was the best song ever if it started out with Gregorian chanting, had a slow acoustic intro, featured Blaze Bayley on vocals, and had a long instrumental section in the second half. ;)

This forum would think Speed of Light was the best song ever if it started out with Gregorian chanting, had a slow acoustic intro, featured Blaze Bayley on vocals, and had a long instrumental section in the second half. ;)

Now that you mention it, that would be fantastic. :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back