"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is quite funny. It is the story behind this reporter's interview with Bruce.

The review is going to be on September's issue of the Greek metal hammer. This piece is quite huge and I don't have tye time to translate it. Google translation is making it even funnier!

More or less the guy says that his feeling is that this might be the album of the decade...semi joking

http://www.metalhammer.gr/2014-01-18-10-42-36/news-2/6985-iron-maiden-dickinson-metal-hammer

Probably because everyone has ran out of things to talk about. There's not much else left until we hear the album or get another song or some samples to check out.

Complain about? We need @PlayClassics! to come in here and liven things up.

There will be at least one more review coming from popmatters. The critic that already did the song by song Twitter review will be publishing his longform review Friday. Should be a good one since he's a Maiden fan that "knows bad Maiden when he hears it."

For those that didn't see his Twitter thoughts he called the album a triumph, Empire of the Clouds an instant classic, and The Red and the Black the best Harris epic in 20 years.

Whose thinking samples of the songs surface in the next couple days?
I really hope so. I could swear there were some album releases in the last year or so where samples did not become available until after the albums were out and the samples were the digital files that you could purchase on iTunes and Amazon. I could be wrong though.
There will be at least one more review coming from popmatters. The critic that already did the song by song Twitter review will be publishing his longform review Friday. Should be a good one since he's a Maiden fan that "knows bad Maiden when he hears it."

For those that didn't see his Twitter thoughts he called the album a triumph, Empire of the Clouds an instant classic, and The Red and the Black the best Harris epic in 20 years.
Thanks for re-hyping me and making my wait worse! :lol:

I know none of us is going to download the album beforehand:innocent:. Hoever it will leak sometime soon.

What number have you moved up to?

I am a solid 3 but occasionally I move to a 4! I think it is a good time to offer use a bit more music. But all in all I expect that we'll get some leaks by mid next week the latest (not that I'll download the file) :yey:

I am a solid 3 but occasionally I move to a 4! I think it is a good time to offer use a bit more music. But all in all I expect that we'll get some leaks by mid next week the latest (not that I'll download the file) :yey:
That's cool. I'm surprised I've been able to stay at 4 and not move up to 5. I wonder what the people who voted 5 are doing. :lol:

You aren't missing anything from the greek article. It basically reports the excitement of the journalist to have this interview, how kind and cool Dickinson is , how tiring the early morning ride with the London subway is , and how great the new album is , without more details .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back