Alternate Album Titles

Mountil

Captain Charisma
The idea came to me while thinking about The Book of Souls, and how If Eternity Should Fail, or Empire of Clouds would make for a better album title. (Assuming there isn't tribal themes throughout.)

So rename all 15 albums using either a song name from that album or a name that you feel bests describes/defines the album. But don't abuse the latter option! You aren't aloud to change "Virtual XI" to "Steaming Pile of Poop".

Bold the choices that you think would make for a better title then the original, and if you're feeling lazy, only post the alternate titles that you think would be better.

Either I'm not creative, or too lazy to really come up with something original, so I've only used song names from each album.

1. Prowler
  2. Another Life
  3. Invaders
  4. To Tame a Land
  5. Aces High
  6. Wasted Years
  7. Infinite Dreams
  8. Run Silent Run Deep
  9. From Here to Eternity
  10. The Aftermath (how fitting)
  11. The Angel and the Gambler (It's a great title!)
  12. Out of the Silent Planet
  13. Age of Innocence
  14. These Colours don't Run
  15. The Talisman
  16. If Eternity Should Fail (Assuming there is no tribal theme throughout)

1. You can't retitle the debut. The band name is perfect.
2. "The Ides of March" is most in keeping with the theme: warning of a murder.
3. Nothing is really good here, but "22 Acacia Avenue" would have made a great cover.
4. "Die With Your Boots On"
5. Can't improve on the original.
6. "Sea of Madness", but I can see "Heaven Can Wait".
7. You could use just about any title from this one, I think.
8. Needs better music, not a better title.
9. Can't improve on the original.
10. "Blood on the World's Hands" is good. Didn't they nearly use this as title anyway?
11. "Futureal" obviously goes with the cover.
12. "Blood Brothers", duh.
13. "Gates of Tomorrow" - song sucks but good title.
14. "The Longest Day"
15. "Starblind" is the only one that works.
16. I'm not gonna suggest "improvements" to the new album before it comes out.

Started making a post, but realized that other than the Blaze albums, which should have easily been called "The Edge of Darkness" and "Futureal", nothing really needs a new title. Maiden is really good at naming their albums and tying that in with cool artwork.

Just for the hell of it, though, I'd love to have seen AMOLAD be called, "Cold Bloody War"

All the albums are titled perfectly. Can't imagine any other songs working as album titles.

Blood on the World's Hands would've been good though.

I'm not saying my suggestions are great, just fun ideas for alternatives. That being said, I don't think they're all titled perfectly. Both Blaze albums, along with Piece of Mind, and Killers could have been better. The rest either suit just fine, or as you said, work perfectly.

1. Remember Tomorrow
2. The Ides of March
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name
4. Die with Your Boots On
5. Aces High
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. Infinite Dreams
8. Run Silent Run Deep
9. Be Quick or Be Dead
10. Blood on the World's Hands / The Edge of Darkness
11. Lightning Strikes Twice
13. Rainmaker
14. These Colours Don't Run
15. Starblind

I started a thread kinda like this back around the time final frontier was released. Only about that album though because I hated that that song got the album name. I remember Steve liked the name final frontier well before and it was destiny.
But that song is bottom of the barrel on a the album IMO. Starblind would have been way way better. Better song. Better title. Face in the sand. ( Killer artwork for a cover there. And blood brothers would have been nice.

I'm going to approach this as if was forced to change the titles, and disregard present artwork, otherwise it's too hard.

1. Running free
2. Purgatory
3. Hallowed be thy name
4. Revelations
5. The ancient mariner
6. No brave new world
7. Moonchild (the evil that men do)
8. Dance of the Tsars
9. Afraid to shoot strangers
10. Blood on the world's hands
11. The educated fool
12. A dream of mirrors
13. Rainmaker
14. The legacy
15. The stars are one

1) Sorry, we couldn't afford a real producer
2) Everything that wasn't good enough for our first album and more!
3) Wait 'til the bible-thumpers get a load of this
4) And for dessert..
5) We've got longer songs than you do
6) What do you mean Back to the Future was taken?
7) It's a concept album, you wanker
8) Just get it over with, already
9) Who needs Riggs anyway?
10) Oh God, the '90s
11) Don't worry, the next one will be better
12) It could be utter crap, but you'll still buy it
13) These go to 11
14) Come to our happy place
15) Yes, we are still making records

Very pretty idea!

1-Iron Maiden (this is the law)
2-Murders in the Rue Morgue
3-Total Eclipse
4-Where Eagles Dare
5-Back In The Village
6-Deja-Vu
7-The Prophecy
8-Public Enema Number One
9-Chains of Misery
10-Blood on the World's Hand
11-When Two Worlds Collide
12-Silent Planet (or Dream of Mirrors...)
13-Dance Of Death (is perfect)
14-The Legacy
15-Starblind

1. Strange World
2. Ides of March
3. 22 Acacia Avenue
4. Revelations
5. 11:58 PM
6. Deja Vu
7. Moonchild
8. Fates Warning
9. From Here to Eternity
10. Edge of Darkness
11. Futureal
13. Age of Innocence
14. Out of the Shadows
15. El Dorado

1: SMX is on the ball, can't change the self-titled debut.
2: Purgatory
3: Children Of The Damned
4: Revelations
5: 2 Minutes To Midnight
6: Sea Of Madness
7: Infinite Dreams
8: Fates Warning (dreadful song, title sounds cool though)
9: Wasting Love
10: The Aftermath
11: Futureal
12: Out Of The Silent Planet
13: No More Lies
14: These Coloúrs Don't Run
15: Coming Home

Followed the Metallica philosophy a little by making the second song the title track in the golden age mostly.

Started making a post, but realized that other than the Blaze albums, which should have easily been called "The Edge of Darkness" and "Futureal", nothing really needs a new title. Maiden is really good at naming their albums and tying that in with cool artwork.

The Edge of Darkness would have been a perfect title for The X Factor, definitely. Typical title track-feel on that song, the title could have been an indicator of the 'darker' sound etc. Not a fan of Virtual XI - so I guess I care less if it has a good title or not (the one chosen is abysmal), but had I cared, I would not really have thought that any of the songs would present itself as a standout option for title track. "Futureal" sounds really silly. Probably better than the title they chose though...

As for the others, A Matter of Life and Death could have been named These Colours Don't Run instead, yes. I doubt anyone would think it would be a good idea to have "God" in an album title, so the Harris-penned epic is out because of that.

Otherwise I think the titles are fine, with Somewhere in Time as my choice for Favourite Iron Maiden Album Title Award.

As for the others, A Matter of Life and Death could have been named These Colours Don't Run instead, yes. I doubt anyone would think it would be a good idea to have "God" in an album title, so the Harris-penned epic is out because of that.

Otherwise I think the titles are fine, with Somewhere in Time as my choice for Favourite Iron Maiden Album Title Award.

I bet the record company and management (Rod) would discourage them from making an album title with the word "colours" in it. "No, no, no, the Americans will be confused! They won't buy it!"

And I'd nominate Powerslave the Iron Maiden Album Title Award, with Brave New World and The Number of the Beast following close behind.

I bet the record company and management (Rod) would discourage them from making an album title with the word "colours" in it. "No, no, no, the Americans will be confused! They won't buy it!"
Reminds me of the Foo Fighters album The Colour and the Shape. American band.

Best album title? Gotta be Powerslave. That has such a cool ring to it. Piece of Mind and Brave New World come close.

Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Somewhere in Time are my favorite Maiden album titles. I'd probably go with Powerslave as the #1.

Admit it Knickers, you wouldn't have bought it.
And you also think Killers takes place in an underground train.

Back