Official Football Thread

Fenerbahçe signs Robin van Persie, we sign some dude who played 11 games in the Championship this year. We're legitimately fucked.

This was the dumbest action of all:
"The panel found that the match stoppage and the eventual abandonment of the match were caused by security lapses of the organizers and acts of violence exerted on the Albanian players by the Serbian fans and at least one security steward," CAS said.

Milan is selling El Shaarawy to Monaco and I'm heartbroken. His performances after Ibra and Silva left rekindled my interest in Milan/football in general and he was my favorite player ever since. I know he hasn't been in form for past 2 years due to injuries and stupid change back to 4-3-1-2 won't suit him, but still... First Balo, now Stephan... It's not fair, fuck you Berlusconi.

Bastian Schweinsteiger is on his way to join Manchester United. Huge move. A healthy Basti is a Top 3 midfielder in the world.

I hope they do. My disdain of United disappeared in the last couple of years. I guess it was all about Alex Ferguson. I want Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool to destroy Chelsea and Manchester City.

I'd still rather have City or Chelsea win the title than Liverpool. Unless it's clashing with United's aspirations, I root for Arsenal against all 3.

Well they're United's rivals so I can see that. I didn't have to single out a rival wanting them not to win a title, because they're *cough* Spurs *cough* irrelevant.

And holy shit, Casillas has officially moved to Porto :eek: I know it was long time in the making, but still...

Manchester City is gonna pay £50 million for Sterling :D In comparison, Juventus will pay £55 million for Dybala, Mandzukic and Zaza, including all add-ons.

Van Gaal just had a br00tal press conference where he said Victor Valdes will be sold for refusing to play reserve games. Pretty stupid behaviour; he didn't possibly expect to walk in to the starting lineup 1) with De Gea in the form he was in and 2) after being injured for like 8 months. Reserve games would've helped him get some game time, dunno why he refused. Probably would've played the cups this year anyway.

Also Vidal is going to Bayern.

Back