Como Estais Amigos

How good is Como Estais Amigos on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
And in 2001 the Argentina crowd got angry when Maiden used that flag in concert.

Written for nothing.

8, a wonderful album closer. The power chords slamming in with "Shall we dance the dance in sunlight? Shall we drink the wine of peace?" are spine-tingling. Janick's solo is badassery. Probably my favorite Maiden ballad.

Though I have got to agree with MrKnickerbocker, Nicko seriously does sound like a metronome.

The first song I heard from the album. I liked it then, and i still like it. This one is so full of emotion and I dig Blazes performance!
The instrumental section is nice and powerful and even if this isn't your usual Maiden epic to ends the album, I think it seals the deal in a great way.

A great goodbye by Blaze!

8/10

10/10 here. I love the solemn feel of the whole melody. It tends to put me in a clam mood when it comes on in my mix. The lyrics, while fairly simple, have some strong emotion as well.

A beautiful song to end the album with. But I still can't get too excited about it.
7/10

Maybe my favourite on the album. Blaze sings really well and with lots of emotion. Great ending to a good album. 9/10

A ten. A ten, a ten, ten times ten. One of their best songs in the 90's, honestly, and solidifying of Janick's shining songwriting streak that lasts up to this day (The Unbeliever -> CEA ->
Navigator –> DoD -> The Legacy -> The Talisman -> TBOS/SOTV). One of the few Maiden songs that's capable of bringing tears to my eyes, if I'm in the right mood. Blaze is perfect here.

Another song where we need a 0 option. Apparition and Weekend Warrior save this from being the worst in the catalog

The unison and solo are brilliant. Blaze sounds flat on the first verse, but the chorus is sublime. Nicko is a metronome.

This. This is a very artfully constructed and executed song. I think Blaze sounds flat in a couple of other places, too, although not in the chorus and the oh-ohhs, which I would have thought were the harder parts to sing. Gets an 8 from me.

This is a good song but it's a bit drenched in melodrama. It has a nice message but I think it would've been more powerful of they cut out the cheesy string synths and maybe just opened with an acoustic guitar and Blaze before getting heavy. I like this song, but don't love it. Some good melodies toward the end at least. Blaze is flat but makes up for it with an emotive performance.

I'm so grateful for this fantastic song. I've given Blaze so much grief that I feel bad sometimes. There's so much power in this song and the chorus is genuinely beautiful. Lyrics are simple but effective and moving. For the first time in my opinion, this actually feels like a Blaze song and it makes me wonder how differently things might have turned out if they had tailored more songs to him and allowed his influence like they did here. I've seen the interview with Blaze and it seems like this is a very personal song to him and he seems disappointed they never played it live. As am I

Blaze is stellar here. The rest of this is by-the-numbers. Too bad the Argentinians weren't listening. 6/10.

The amazing thing about this song is the fact that Maiden was able to write such an emotional song on what's generally considered their worst album. I don't usually cry during a song but this is one of the few that will get those tears flowing. I admit, the music sounds a little weird at first, but as the song gets going it feels fine. Actually it reminds me of the use of the synthesizer in The Beatles' Abbey Road album. Surprised it hasn't gotten higher votes because for me, personally, it's a 10/10.

9/10

Como Estais Amigos closes the album on an emotional high. It’s a true hidden gem of a song written by Blaze and Gers. I don’t understand the hate for this song, as it showcases a side of Maiden that we rarely get to acknowledge. Blaze gives one of his best performances on what would prove to be his swan song with the band. The chorus is incredibly powerful and subtle in its catchiness. Janick proves once more that he has a knack for beautiful melodic solos when it comes to mid-tempo material.

Back