Forum cover band song #2 - call for musicians

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
I'm starting a new thread for the next song. New members: earlier this year we covered Alexander The Great.

I was the rhythm section in the last go-round. I'll take bass again, unless @Welsh Phantom wants in on this. If that happens, I'll do drums (I want to play one or the other at least).

If I take bass, we're open for other drummers. @Forostar, are you ready to rock?

Mr. K sang Alex masterfully. I believe he retains that job, although range is a high concern. He gets to veto any song he can't sing. We can drop to D again for him, although I'd love to find a song he can sing at standard pitch. What are your best keys, Brett?

Guitarists? Mosh, Zare and Saap played on Alex and are hopefully returning. Anyone else want to join in?

My thoughts on the next song:

I'd love to do a Blaze-era tune. I think Brett could handle the range easily. The Clansman could be fun. We'd need a crowd of Maidenfans screaming FREEDOM! of course.

2 Minutes To Midnight would be awesome.

If we really want an epic challenge, Wild Wind.

I'll be ready to start laying tracks in July. Who's with me?

I'd love to give it a try but -aside from the performance- I'm not sure if the recording method would suit this project or Yax's preferences.

I have an electronice kit at home so I could record myself (while playing along with the song blasting from the speakers) electronically (just by plugging in like one guitar). The result would be one track, perhaps not easy with make corrections or placing it in the mix?

I'm in. Any of those three songs would be awesome. 2 Min and Clans man are some of my favorite Maiden songs to play on guitar.

I'm definitely in! I'm fine doing some guitar as well (same as last time), but I can leave the flashy solos for the other people (unless we choose Wicker Man, in which case H's solo is MINE!!!!!!!!).

I'd love to do a poll on what song we should do next. So many songs get thrown out in conversation and then forgotten. How about all of the musicians come up with TWO Maiden tracks they'd love to do and we'll vote on 'em?

What are your best keys, Brett?

It honestly just depends on the song. Maiden has some songs in the same key, but with radically different vocal approaches.

Speaking as an outsider, I can think of one song I'd love you guys to assemble, and that I think would suit Knick's vocals.

Phantom.

[QUOTE="MrKnickerbocker]
I'd love to do a poll on what song we should do next. So many songs get thrown out in conversation and then forgotten. How about all of the musicians come up with TWO Maiden tracks they'd love to do and we'll vote on 'em?[/QUOTE]
I second this idea.

I don't. I believe that the musicians choose the track, not the general population. If you guys want to do a poll, count me out entirely.

I'd vote according to what I think I can do the best. E.g., no way, I'd be able to do The Wicker Man.

edit: Didn't Mosh mean a poll with only (the) involved musicians?

I don't. I believe that the musicians choose the track, not the general population. If you guys want to do a poll, count me out entirely.

I'd vote according to what I think I can do the best. E.g., no way, I'd be able to do The Wicker Man.

YES, I meant a poll for the musicians to vote in only, not the general public. It obviously still has to be based around what the players want to (and can) play.

Yes I did

I also saw a call for a drummer. That's not problematic but it wouldn't be a Maidenfans band anymore. ;)

I just noticed yesterday that Brett posted our Alex in /r/ironmaiden on reddit, where it became one of the most-commented posts in the past month. Thanks Brett!

I did indeed! Reddit can be surprisingly supportive sometimes!

I also saw a call for a drummer. That's not problematic but it wouldn't be a Maidenfans band anymore. ;)

Were someone to answer the call (which no one has), I would add some sort of "you must go join the board" statement. :D

I just know that we're rather limited on what SMX can play (or what you can record, Foro) and I figured it might make song choice a little easier if we had a dedicated drummer. Plus, it would take the load off SMX and allow him to just worry about the bass. I'd like to search for a drummer, but if everyone's not cool with it and SMX really wants to keep drumming, I'm all for it. I just seem to recall that not being the case.

Don't write me off yet. ;) And there's always the best from this forum: @SixesAlltheway

:help2:

I think it's cool that as many as possible participate in this project. Since this is the Maidenfans.com band....and that goes not just for drummers but guitar players/singers/bassists as well, whatever little someone can do...surely there must be a Maiden song for them to participate in :D

Right now I got my drums set up at a practice place and I don't have any mics or anything..So I need to ask around and borrow stuff first which may take some time....

There is also @Lego by the way...Who, I know, already records stuff for his band.

I'm starting a new thread for the next song. New members: earlier this year we covered Alexander The Great.

I was the rhythm section in the last go-round. I'll take bass again, unless @Welsh Phantom wants in on this. If that happens, I'll do drums (I want to play one or the other at least).

If I take bass, we're open for other drummers. @Forostar, are you ready to rock?

Mr. K sang Alex masterfully. I believe he retains that job, although range is a high concern. He gets to veto any song he can't sing. We can drop to D again for him, although I'd love to find a song he can sing at standard pitch. What are your best keys, Brett?

Guitarists? Mosh, Zare and Saap played on Alex and are hopefully returning. Anyone else want to join in?

My thoughts on the next song:

I'd love to do a Blaze-era tune. I think Brett could handle the range easily. The Clansman could be fun. We'd need a crowd of Maidenfans screaming FREEDOM! of course.

2 Minutes To Midnight would be awesome.

If we really want an epic challenge, Wild Wind.

I'll be ready to start laying tracks in July. Who's with me?

Hey thanks for the consideration SMX.
You take the bass no worries.....I am super busy at the moment learning songs for a band I am in, plus doing Maiden songs for my youtube channel.
If I get the itch in future I will let you know, but this is always going to be your 1st refusal ;)

Hope the next is as cool as the last :)

Back