The Concert Thread

That always sucks big :(

I've been really lazy lately, or just felt the age I guess.....I don't go out of my way to make a show like I did 10 years ago :p

I usually go to around 5 shows a year, and have nothing planned right now. Last show I saw was Accept on October 3.

I would go to more, but often I have to travel and then you end up spending £300 per show, covering all expenses.

How are ticket prices where you are? The Accept show was around £35. (Just for a relative comparison, a cinema ticket is £10.) I'm in Sweden, by the way.

Depends on the show, if you know American currency, it cost me about $30 for the Accept show I went to. Smaller shows like that usually run about that, and maybe 40 or $50 for a bigger show. The large arena shows vary. Im lucky enough to live in an area that no tour will ever skip, (New York), so I don't have to travel. I drive far for shows, but I never have to fly.

Pretty good weekend of shows. Caught Winger on Saturday night. They played all the good hits. Packed them in there. A couple of decent local rock bands opened up. Pretty small venue, but it worked for them.

Last night caught Arch Enemy and Kreator with the Huntress, and Starkill opening. Since I"m a much bigger Kreator fan I would've preferred they headlined, but they played a good 1 hour set. Arch Enemy was awesome too and the new singer did real well I thought. I'd love to see them again. For some reason every time I see Arch Enemy I"m always half asleep by the time they get on. I guess from lack of sleep the night before, and one too many beers, but it was a killer set. Didn't care much for the Huntress, but the crowd was into them.

Also forgot to mention the judas priest show 2 weeks ago which was amazing. Halford really was great. I wasn't expecting him to sound that good, but he was awesome and so was the band. The new songs came off real well live I thought. I hadn't even picked up the new album yet, so I'm a little late with that, but nonetheless I was into the tracks live.

Notable shows in November are Slayer/Exodus/Suicidal Tendencies and Death to all/Obituary/Massacre. Should be a good month but I usually wind down in November and just go to the local shows that my friends go to.

nice, glad you enjoyed AE and all the rest of your shows... I know I'm behind on a few reviews, let's see, who to I have to catch up on post-Within Temptation... Drive-By Truckers were good, despite that I was still tired out from my b-day celebration, and Robin Trower was excellent, not on for as long as I thought he would be, but oh well, was still great.. can't wait to see Eric Johnson this Saturday!

Anyone seen the Trans Siberian Orchestra?
I think they've got some fun stuff, but it's not a ticket I'd buy on my own.
My wife is interested in going.

My sister saw them live a couple years ago and said they put on an incredible show and that it's worth going to even if you don't love the music. I say "It's the closest I'll ever get to seeing Savatage live."

TSO are in Philly on 12/23 but since that's the day before xmas eve, it'll be impossible to get down there... I would like to see TSO sometime, preferably their non-xmas music, but they mostly play big arenas and I like small venues..

TSO are in Philly on 12/23 but since that's the day before xmas eve, it'll be impossible to get down there... I would like to see TSO sometime, preferably their non-xmas music, but they mostly play big arenas and I like small venues..

I saw TSO last year and it was incredibly, cheesily, ludicrously awesome. The thought of them playing in a small venue is simply unimaginable. It could not be done.

I know what you mean on small venues, and I mostly agree, but there are some artists who really do better in a big arena. TSO would probably be one of those groups.

I know what you mean on small venues, and I mostly agree, but there are some artists who really do better in a big arena. TSO would probably be one of those groups.

Absolutely.

If I'm not mistaken, Sir Russell Allen is one of the male lead singers on the East Coast tour = more incentive to check it out!

Killer Ace Frehley show last night, glad it was still on, I was worried that the snowstorm was gonna have it postponed or cancelled.. Luckily it didn't turn out to be too much, at least for the Philadelphia area, some areas up north might have gotten it worse.. but whatever, Ace was excellent last night, and of course played a few KISS songs- "Love Gun", "Strutter", "Shock Me", and "Deuce"

Got my ticket for Sabaton in London in January. I didn't know them before finding this site, so I'm blaming all of you if they're no good.

I know I have nothing to complain about, living in London, but Amon Amarth are doing a UK tour and not playing here! They also seem to be playing a place called "Lemmington Spa", which may have something to do with suicidal rodents, I'm not sure.

Getting Nightwish/Sabaton/Delain tickets tomorrow! Anyone thinking of going to Toronto?

Back