World Cup of Maidenfans 2.0 Great Eight: Battle 4

Which is the better artist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rush.

I love Ride the Lightning, the debut album is still(!) growing on me, and songs like Welcome Home (Sanitarium) and One are phenomenal.
However, Rush have a much longer list of albums that I like.

Last edited:
I've listened to Rush less and both have around 10 songs that I consider very good. Damn these votes :(.

What is Metallica better than Rush at?

More albums that I love. (Ride, Justice, Puppets, Kill 'Em All against Moving Pictures and Hemispheres). It was very close but this was the deciding factor for me. Two of my favorite bands.

I just realised that I probably like a bit more stuff more Metallica but I haven't heard absolute crap from Rush so Rush it is.

At appealing to me, for instance.
Isn't that what the poll is all about?

I believe the poll says 'better artist.' If the poll was about appealing to you, there would only be one vote, right?

I think Rush is more artistic in the following ways: drums, guitar, bass, album covers, consistency of product, relating with their fans (i.e., not suing them), stage shows, stage presence, set lists, live performances, sense of humor, and lyrics. Metallica are better dressers, bigger drinkers (as noted), and I could see the argument against Geddy's vocals. By the way, I am fans of both and have actually seen Metallica live more times than I have seen Rush. However, Rush continues to be an interesting enterprise 40 years into their career, while Metallica was pretty much spent after a decade.

I think Rush is more artistic in the following ways: drums, guitar, bass, album covers, consistency of product, relating with their fans (i.e., not suing them), stage shows, stage presence, set lists, live performances, sense of humor, and lyrics.

Are you really sure this list is exhaustive? ::)

I think Rush is more artistic in the following ways: drums, guitar, bass, album covers, consistency of product, relating with their fans (i.e., not suing them), stage shows, stage presence, set lists, live performances, sense of humor, and lyrics. Metallica are better dressers, bigger drinkers (as noted), and I could see the argument against Geddy's vocals. By the way, I am fans of both and have actually seen Metallica live more times than I have seen Rush. However, Rush continues to be an interesting enterprise 40 years into their career, while Metallica was pretty much spent after a decade.
Are you really sure this list is exhaustive? ::)
Yeh, but who has the smallest cock?

Back