Things about Iron Maiden that annoy you

I disagree because I don't think it has to be an attitude nor do I think it is done per se to be recognized. It is also possible to like a shirt and wear it.

Don't see a problem with it. They are advertising their own Merchandise on stage - at least the band shows that they want to wear what they are selling to the fans. And of course I'm sure some people will want the same shirt as Dave wore on that night they saw em' etc etc....It's promotion.

Last edited:
There obviously are upsides to wearing your own band's shirt on stage, but it does look stupid I think.

Back to this perhaps? :D

Looks like Steve is actually wearing a Trooper shirt on that pic :D

Same stage outfit as in this:

i16-83-010a.jpg

I have to admit I've never got used to a band wearing its own shirts. Maybe that's because it's common practice for bands to wear another band's t-shirt, sort of paying tribute/jumping on the bandwagon.

I actually had a 'no Maiden shirt' rule for some time, because there was a fad a few years back for it girls to wear Maiden shirts as an unconvincing fashion accessory. I eventually caved in at Download, maybe a desire to dress like about 30,000 other people, I don't know....

I have to admit I've never got used to a band wearing its own shirts. Maybe that's because it's common practice for bands to wear another band's t-shirt, sort of paying tribute/jumping on the bandwagon.

I actually had a 'no Maiden shirt' rule for some time, because there was a fad a few years back for it girls to wear Maiden shirts as an unconvincing fashion accessory. I eventually caved in at Download, maybe a desire to dress like about 30,000 other people, I don't know....
I'm kind of the same. I never a wear a Maiden T-shirt except to a gig; & even then I quite often have a hoody or zip top over it. The reason is practical too; I only have two Maiden T-shirts & neither of them fit me particularly well! :p

Maiden guys wearing their own tee-shirt doesn't annoy me at all. Sure, I prefer when they wear stuff of other bands they love and want to help (like Steve wearing those Queensrÿche shirts back in 1988), but I don't see any problem with them wearing their own stuff. As for myself, I almost never wear a Maiden shirt. First, because I find it a bit agressive and I consider me a little bit old to wear shirts with monsters, second because I usually wear Steve Harris shirts ; some are really great.
There are some Maiden shirts I would have worn, but I've never been able to find and buy them (especially that one with the logo and a very small trooper-eddy upon it).

I don't see them as aggressive, but it did occur to me when I went into town wearing one recently that ultra right-on parents would complain that it was frightening their children.

Some of the Maiden shirt designs are absolute classic but I find most of the new ones, such as those in the megastore currently to be a tad too childish to wear on a day to day basis :p

Dave's guitar sounding a bit too soft sometimes.

An example (for me anyway) on the Flight 666 concert, after Adrian has finished his immensely powerful solo in Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Dave's solo sounds too soft and quiet under the rest of the band.

Or is that just me?

I personally get annoyed by how Janick constantly butchers solos live, especially when they're not even his. For example, they'll hand off an iconic H or Davey lead to give Janick something to do, and he just royally screws it up.

Back