5 Least Favorite Maiden albums, 3 Least Favorite from each

11. Dance of Death - Wildest Dreams, Gates of Tomorrow, Age of Innocence
12. Killers - Innocent Exile, Drifter, Another Life
13. No Prayer for the Dying - Hooks in You, Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter, The Assassin
14.Virtual XI - The Angel and the Gambler, Futureal, The Educated Fool
15. Fear of the Dark - The Apparition, Weekend Warrior, Fear is the Key

1.Killers-Prodigal Son, Purgatory, Drifter
2.NPFTD-Holy Smoke, Run Silent Run Deep, BYDTTS
3.AMOLAD-Different World, The Pilgrim,TROBB
4.TFF-Satellite 15...The Final Frontier, El Dorado, The Alchemist
5.DOD-Wildest Dreams, Montsegur, New Frontier

Seems a bit daft to be compiling such horrors, but here we go:

VXI: educated fool, come estais amigos, don't look in the eyes of....
X-factor: 2am, look for truth, judgement of heaven
No Prayer: Hooks in you, Bring Your Daughter, Holy Smoke
Fear of the Dark: the apparition, fear is the key, chains of misery
AMOLAD: Pilgrim, Legacy, Out of the Shadows

The 3 from AMOLAD are light years ahead of every other song on this list.

I can't figure out (anymore) which are my 5th, 4th and 3rd least favourite albums. These albums are very close to each other.
At the moment I only have two "clearly the least good" ones:

Virtual XI: The Angel and the Gambler, When Two Worlds Collide, Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
Dance of Death: Wildest Dreams, No More Lies, Face in the Sand

I can't figure out (anymore) which are my 5th, 4th and 3rd least favourite albums.
These albums are very close to each other.
At the moment I only have two "clearly the least good" ones:

Virtual XI: The Angel and the Gambler, When Two Worlds Collide, Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
Dance of Death: Wildest Dreams, No More Lies, Face in the Sand

I'm definitely with you on the selection of these two albums as "least favorite" by far.
I don't ever listen to either of these albums... so I can't even rank the worst 3 songs on each.

After that, my next two "least favorite" are probably Fear of the Dark and No Prayer for the Dying.
I occasionally listen to maybe half the tracks on each.
And because I have to include a 5th album... I will reluctantly go with The Final Frontier.

Oddly enough-- Since I completely avoid all the songs that I don't like--
I'm not even familiar enough to name and/or rank the worst tracks. Go figure.
:ahhh:

Oddly enough-- Since I completely avoid all the songs that I don't like--
I'm not even familiar enough to name and/or rank the worst tracks. Go figure.
:ahhh:

That's a sign that you may remember the songs worse than they are. It can easily happen that you start to like songs that you didn't like the first time. Happened to me with The X Factor and The Final Frontier.

I would argue that EVERY song has some decent attributes! Otherwise we wouldn't be listening to Maiden all these years. Wildest Dreams is one of my least favorite songs, but I absolutely love the "I'm out on my own / I'm breaking away" part.

I would argue that EVERY song has some decent attributes!

This is the problem I have trying to select my least favourite. I pick a song I'm really not bothered about, then think: "But that one has this really good bit...."

I have 2 least favorites for sure:

No Prayer For The Dying: Holy Smoke, Bring Your Daughter, Hooks In You
Fear Of The Dark: From Here To Eternity, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Weekend Warrior

1.) No Prayer for the Dying - 1. Run Silent, Run Deep , 2. Hooks in You, 3. Holy Smoke

2.) Killers - 1. Prodigal Son, 2. Ides of March, 3. Probably Drifter

3.) The Number of the Beast - 1. Gangland, 2.The Number of the Beast, 3. Total Eclipse or 22 Acacia Avenue. Probably the former.

4.) Iron Maiden - 1. Strange World, 2. Charlotte the Harlot, 3. Iron Maiden

5.) Virtual XI - 1. The Angel and the Gambler, 2. Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger (both could be salvaged by some serious cutting, though), 3. probably When Two Worlds Collide, but it's close

By the way, seeing how diverse the lists in the four 5favouriteorleastalbums3favouriteorleasttracks threads get I wonder... If we put it together, could we prove that any song is at least preferred by some? Oh, I see, the answer's no. Nobody preferred Weekend Warrior and The Apparition. :D But anyway - it would be an interesting research... for someone insane enough :bigsmile: :innocent:

1.) Killers - Wrath child, Murders in rue morgue, another life.

2.) Caught somewhere in time - The loneliness of the long distance runner, Alexander the great, Sea of madness

3.) Iron maiden - Remember tomorrow, Running free, Iron maiden

4.) Final Frontier - El dorado, Satelite 15... The final frontier, Mother mercy

5) Powerslave - (Piece of mind or Seventh son of a seventh son could replace this) Rime of the ancient mariner, The duellists, Flash of the blade

DOD: New Frontier, Face in The Sand, Age of Innocence. Bit unfair really as despite being the 5th worst IMO it's still a very good LP. It actually has some very strong songs but just never quite flows like some of their other albums
Virtual XI: Lightning Strikes Twice, Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger, Como Estais Amigos
NPFTD: No Prayer For The Dying, Public Enema No. 1, Fates Warning
X Factor: Virtually anything after the first 3
FOTD: Lucky dip to be fair. Even the title track leaves me fairly cold in it's studio form. Definitely a live classic, but 'dead' it's just that IMO

Fear Of The Dark - The Apparition, Fear Is The Key, The Fugitive

No Prayer For The Dying - Fates Warning, Holy Smoke, The Assassin

Brave New World - The Nomad, Out of the Silent Planet, Ghost of the Navigator

The Final Frontier - Starblind, Isle Of Avalon, El Dorado

A Matter Of Life And Death - These Colours Don't Run, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, The Pilgrim

Disclaimer: I have only included Bruce albums as those are the ones I have listened to fully.

I forgot how bad Holy Smoke was until I was putting together my list.
I just cant say any song from that album is particularly bad. The Assassin comes close. And Mother Russia as an epic album closer is weak but I can listen back to front and not skip anything. I love the energy of this album. I love the rawness. I love the rasp in Bruce's voice.

Back