Mexico
Germany
France
Czech Republic
Poland

Think that is it. Ones with a * are places where I have lived

Last edited:
Just wondering in which countries everyone's been/lived
Do you not want folks to differentiate between places they've lived, been on holiday, &/or been in transit? (--which only a few people have actually stated e.g. Perun). I mean, do you really care if I've been in transit in Schiphol?

Yeah, I only mentioned places I have spent some time in (vacation, extended work assignment, etc). I could not count changing planes in London as having been to the UK .. so I left that out.

And realized I left some out from a Caribbean trip ... off to edit

Austria
Belgium
Canada (Quebec)
Czech Republic
England
France
Germany
Greece (Rhodes & Crete)
Italy
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Poland
Scotland
Slovakia
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Vatican City
Wales
Yeh, apologies for the above; I see quite a few folk have actually given detail. I actually just meant Forostar!

So, Foro thread-starter --do you think you could state whether you lived in these places, just passed through them, holiday'd, etc? I'd like some more detail, please. :D

I haven't actually stated where I lived, so here goes - Germany (four different places), Pakistan (Karachi) and Canada (London, Ontario).

Everyone needs to try to add Nova Scotia to their list.

Canada:
Nova Scotia
PEI
New Brunswick
Quebec
Ontario

USA:
New York
Massachusetts

Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Czech Republic, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Vatican City, Spain, Montenegro, Greece, Australia, USA, Malaysia, Singapore.

Only ever lived in Sweden though.

Thanks man .. besides driving through it, we went to Broken Bow for 3 or 4 days and stayed in a cabin on a lake, I thought that was pretty nice

Thanks man .. besides driving through it, we went to Broken Bow for 3 or 4 days and stayed in a cabin on a lake, I thought that was pretty nice

One of the few areas I would recommend to anyone who comes here; Broken Bow is really nice.

Wow, lots of contributions. Thanks, everybody!
Yeh, apologies for the above; I see quite a few folk have actually given detail. I actually just meant Forostar!

So, Foro thread-starter --do you think you could state whether you lived in these places, just passed through them, holiday'd, etc? I'd like some more detail, please. :D
I have only lived in the Netherlands. All other countries can be seen as holidays. None were just passed through, although you can judge that for yourself if you read on. ;-) My wife is from Poland so by now that country probably ranks highest. But I have also been many times to France with my parents. Great memories of cycling holidays out there. My parents are still doing that, not only in certain areas but also to other countries. They went to Santiago, to Rome, to Cracow, to Stralsund (North Eastern Germany), all on bike. I wish I would be as sportive and as motivated as them on their ages.

The really out of the order countries are Turkey and Canada. I went to the city of Marmaris by boat from Rhodes, an excursion. It took one day. It was a drag, only people trying to sell stuff. And the castle we were aiming for (and which was a major base for the Ottomans, from which they eventually conquered Rhodes a.o. places) was closed. Well, at least I can say I was in Asia. Canada: That's Montreal. I had a girlfriend out there and I stayed there for about two weeks.

Cried: what about you?

Flash: I can't judge the position you're in, but I do not think that age has much to do with never going abroad. At least, it can not be the only reason. It depends on a combination of the wish to see other places and the possibilities to do that. Often (a) parent(s) take their children abroad, but again, it all depends on what they want and can.

Flash: I can't judge the position you're in, but I do not think that age has much to do with never going abroad. At least, it can not be the only reason. It depends on a combination of the wish to see other places and the possibilities to do that. Often (a) parent(s) take their children abroad, but again, it all depends on what they want and can.

Going abroad is very very expensive in Turkey and frankly, we're not that wealthy. And application for a visa takes on forever, we don't have a right to move abroad freely as you guys do in European Union. My father only has 15 days of holiday excluding the weekends and national days. So everything plays a part.

I have been to every state in the United States, except Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Canada
Mexico
The Bahamas
Jamaica
Cayman Islands

Never been "abroad" in the true sense.

Nothin special really,
United States
Washington
Idaho
Oregon
Montana