Blaze Bayley

Yeah...it's really terrible. The lyrics, melodies, fake canned drum noise, and, ohmylord, the video...just terrible.

I loved Silicon Messiah, but he's been on a steady decline ever since.

Yeah, nothing special about this one... Long gone are the days of the Hallowed First Blaze Lineup.

Yeah...it's really terrible. The lyrics, melodies, fake canned drum noise, and, ohmylord, the video...just terrible.

I loved Silicon Messiah, but he's been on a steady decline ever since.

The Man Who Would Not Die and Promise and Terror are two fantastic albums at the absolute front of modern metal. It is a shame that he did not continue with the band, whatever the reason and difficulties made him disband it.

He needs a competent band and producer, but is instead working with complete amateur musicians like Thomas Zweijsen. The King of Metal had excellent drumplaying, a few good ideas and that was it. A real shame he has taken so many bad decisions these last years. He was really on the way of building a reputation with the Blaze Bayley Band and then he just decided to put it all in the bin.

I was hoping for something much better than the King Of Metal album but these 2 songs are even worse than anything on that album. :(
He desperately needs more competent musicians-composers. I'm also worried by the positive reaction on his forum. If the fans like songs like these, then why bother improving anything at all?

Guys, I just don't get it...why is he making these pathetically awful videos?! Honestly, I can't think of these songs as anything other than terrible, and that has a lot to do with the insane iPhone camera videos.

I didn't mind that one too much, although a comment Sixes made some time ago, likening Blaze to a 'fat vampire bumblebee' keeps coming back to me.

The video is awesome.

The song is not. Generic and boring riffs under vocals that absolutely do not fit.

I never listened, mostly because the lead singles were so bad. Lately with Blaze I feel like whenever he puts something new out it's the same exact song as last time.

Pretty damn good yes but still far from being better than most Maiden albums. Even worse, it seems that these days are gone. I hope he''ll prove me wrong next time.

Back