Blaze Bayley

Thanks Perun, for confirming that it is something weird about the mix. I'm not good at sound technician terminology so I was wondering if I was saying the right thing. And in Russian Holiday, its not only that the lyrics are ridiculously over-dramatic, but they fall awkwardly on the music. This is a problem that occurs in Steve-written epics but Bruce seems better able to cover them than Blaze. I took another listen to Stealing Time and again, I think its the best suited to an acoustic rendition and the musicians do a great job, but again, Blaze is out of tune and way too loud so its really noticeable...and then they do that awkward thing where he belts out the chorus with no instruments in the background. I dunno, I realize I come off as very critical of this EP, but I do like the effort and the instrumentalists work, and I wish for Blaze's sake that it helps his career, but there are problems with it that I can't ignore and bother me.

Interesting interview, thanks Foro!
You're welcome, Per!

I liked those Maiden related segments but naturally I am also happy for him that he has himself on the "rails" again. And that last minute was a bit of an emotional, grateful and positive moment!
(Didn't know he was a father by the way)

I read his wife was pregnant a while ago, and I'm happy for him. He really does seem genuinely positive now.

I also have The Man Who Would Not Die on LP. And CD too. Like the album very much, a real shame they didn't continue as a band - no matter what financial reasons there might have been. Can not quite decide which one I like better, this one or Promise and Terror. One thing is certain to me, while the Sneap produced albums are excellent, these two have something more - a more unique edge to them.

Today, I have lost interest in Blaze due to the whole The King of Metal-album and the statements that came with it. I can not simply defend such statements and such bad decisions - and the production, the production!

Unfortunately the man has lost all his credibility! Not only the bad production of his last 2 releases (The king of metal is a demo!) He used 44 musicians since the split of the Blaze Bayley Band in 2011! The skills of the musicians are not important! If they are cheap, they are ok!

Sad to see that somebody who produced such great music is going downhill faster than an olympic skier but that's what you get when you have a self-appointed manager/girlfriend! If you read her statements you can only conclude that she's insane!

There's positive marco again.

Was there anything positive about Blaze since he sacked Jay & the brothers?? The way they did the split was below everything leaving 2 strangers literally on street without money or a place to stay!! If there is anything positive please tell me because i cant see anything !

Blaze gig in Texas:

23rd of June
Happy Cow Bar and grill
9103 FM road
1102 new braunfels Texas 78130

Doors 2 PM
Show time 4 pm

$20 on door
tickets: 512 353 0030

Odd, he is playing 4 shows in anbd around Austin at 4 different places .. is this the acoustic tour?

This is what the site says

Blaze will be playing four dates in the USA with
Rick Plester guitar (Black Symphony,WWIII, Rick Plester, Blaze Bayley)
John Moyer Bass (Disturbed, Queensryche)
James Kottak Drums (Scorpions)
with Special guest appearance vocalist Shawn Austin!!!

Dates as follow:
June 20th The Crown center, Austin Texas
June 21 The Chameleon Room, Austin Texas
June 22 AMT, Austin Texas
June 23 Hunter, Austin Texas

More details coming soon!

Looks interesting .. it would be nice of they played some more dates ... mainly drive 300 miles north east from Austin

It sucks. I'll never understand why some bands/musicians are so lazy and decide to use a drum computer. I'm pretty sure he could find a fan with his own recording equipment who would do it for free.

The vocal melody (if there is one) is pretty bad. This would sound better if grunts were used, or as an instrumental.

Listening a second time and that guitar sounds good indeed. Wouldn't mind hearing another track and see how that goes.

I've listened to it a couple of times and think its pretty decent. It took me a while to get into any Blaze stuff even with Maiden.
Time will tell if the drums become annoying or suitably different

Back