Best Album Ever Survivor: Somewhere In Time wins

Vote for your least favourite album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is a metal forum, and I suppose it's nice to see other albums get their chance in the spotlight that would've been slaughtered on literally any other web site (like Bruce's albums :wub:).

But still I mourn for OK Computer.

I'm the one who nominated Jugulator, and I still think Something Wicked and OK Computer slaughter it.

I think Jugulator got a bit of a "everybody likes Priest" pass as voters zeroed in on albums they really didn't care for.
This vote is probably a better indication of its worth.

Well if that's the case, I hope it doesn't happen a lot when Maiden albums join.

Rules are here:
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/best-album-ever-survivor.25528/

Eliminated last round: Sabotage, Reign of Blood, Sacred Heart, Californication, Jugulator, Queens of the Stone Age
Promoted to the playoffs: Peace Sells, Master of Puppets

1971/72 enters the game
Nominations open for 1983/84
IN:
Metallica Kill ‘Em All
Dio Holy Diver
Accept Balls to the Wall
Motley Crue Shout at the Devil
Def Leppard Pyromania
Metallica Ride the Lightning
Van Halen 1984
Judas Priest Defenders of the Faith
Dio Last in Line
Rush Grace Under Pressure
Scorpions Love at First Sting
Queensryche The Warning

NOMINATED:
Marillion — Script for a Jester's Tear (The Flash, Forostar, Mosh)

Nominations open for 1983/84
IN:
Metallica Kill ‘Em All
Dio Holy Diver
Accept Balls to the Wall
Motley Crue Shout at the Devil
Def Leppard Pyromania
Metallica Ride the Lightning
Van Halen 1984
Judas Priest Defenders of the Faith
Dio Last in Line
Rush Grace Under Pressure
Scorpions Love at First Sting
Queensryche The Warning
NOMINATED:
Marillion — Script for a Jester's Tear (The Flash, Forostar, Mosh)
I know Queensrÿche was an EP but when I look at this particular era, I still miss it. :)

1984 certainly was the best year in music for me. The best Dio album, Rush's best post-Moving Pictures album, the best Metallica album, the best eighties Priest album. The best Queensrÿche album. A certain Maiden album.

1984 certainly was the best year in music for me. The best Dio album, Rush's best post-Moving Pictures album, the best Metallica album, the best eighties Priest album. The best Queensrÿche album. A certain Maiden album.
Very strong group for me too. Four albums I'd like to see go through, and probably just as many I wouldn't mind joining them.

Demons and Wizards
Meddle
Sticky Fingers
Who's Next
Ziggy Stardust

If there are people who haven't heard Argus by Wishbone Ash, they should. One of the top albums of this group.

If there are people who haven't heard Argus by Wishbone Ash, they should. One of the top albums of this group.
Gave it a listen last night. It is interesting, but not strong enough to stand up against others in the new group. Same could be said for Mahavishnu (brand-new to me), although I liked Argus better.
And Maidenfans dislike of Zeppelin includes even their signature album.

Mob Rules
Nightfall
Aqualung
Master of Reality
Volume 4
Sticky Fingers
Thick As A Brick

A lot of good albums in this group but nothing that would be a favorite of mine. 1984 is full of gems, I have no idea what I"ll be voting for.

Gave it a listen last night. It is interesting, but not strong enough it does not fit enough to my taste as others in the new group. Same could be said for Mahavishnu (brand-new to me), although I liked Argus better.
Corrected. ;)

Seriously, I think Argus is very strong, but I guess it isn't the most accessible of this group. I prefer the Sabbath albums but I still rate it higher than all other others from 1971/1972 (the Tull albums included).

Corrected. ;)
Seriously, I think Argus is very strong, but I guess it isn't the most accessible of this group. I prefer the Sabbath albums but I still rate it higher than all other others from 1971/1972 (the Tull albums included).
No, strong=I like it. ;)
Seriously, I didn't think of it as inaccessible, in fact it felt pretty comfortable. I think it would grow on repeated listens. And if you define strong as consistent, it was strong. But if you define strong as remarkable, there was nothing that really jumped out and grabbed me.
To stick around in this game you need consistent and remarkable.

Who's Next is my favourite of the 71/72 stuff. I am struggling to pick a number two, but leaning to Zep.
Listening to Battle of Evermore right now. What a haunting song (cue Foro's whining comment in 3,2,1....:D)

But coming back to this:
No, strong=I like it. ;)
there was nothing that really jumped out and grabbed me.
Nothing? *rubs eyes* Holy shit. Not even the guitar and bass work? Hard to beat. Really, very exciting, emotional and melodic stuff. E.g. in this song:

Back