Official Star Wars Thread

I seem to be in good company to ask the following. I am interested in the IMMEDIATE expanded universe both before and after the original trilogy. I've heard rave reviews about books dealing with the Old Republic, but for now I just want to know what leads up to Episodes IV, V and VI as well as the immediate aftermath. Any suggestions on where to start as far as quality books?

I'd second that. Zahn did a great job with that trilogy. Onhell, that takes place right after Return Of The Jedi, and was a great read.

I am not familiar with any books that bridge the gap between Episode III and IV. I think the 'Star Wars: Force Unleashed' video game was supposed to be part of what happened there, including the creation of the Rebel Alliance. But, I don't know much about it. I'd be curious to read some books between those two films.

I played part of Force Unleashed and yea, it was between III and IV. If I remember right it starts at the end of the Order 66 thing.

The games (I have not played the MMO one) about the Old Republic were quite good story wise ...

I've not actually got round to properly reading it yet, but for books between Ep 3 and Ep 4 I own 'Dark Lord: The rise of Darth Vader'. It says "The Sequel to ROTS" at the top of the cover.

I also have Darth Plagueis, but again have never actually read the whole thing. I bought the two early last year when I was playing the Old Republic MMORPG and was kinda in a very starwarsy mood for a while... wore off after I stopped playing the game however and I never really finished them.

The Force Unleashed is certainly between Ep3 and Ep4 as well, but I'm not sure quite what level of Canon it is tagged as. There is certainly a mixed view of Starkiller around the internet it seems, judging by the game forums.

I have The Rise of Darth Vader, can't remember if I ever finished it or not. I remember not liking it much though.

The Old Republic games kick ass.

Yeah, Knight of the Old Republic ... they might be my favorite games (Star Wars or not) ever. I downloaded the MMO game last night, now that it is free to play. I've not fired it up yet, but for free am willing to give it a shot.

I watched Empire for the first time in years.
Hayden Christenson's acting may have been crucified, but Mark Hamill was just as bad.

LOL, Hamill could at least EMOTE. The person I've come to hate through all six movies is Palpatine, hate his diction.

I seem to be in good company to ask the following. I am interested in the IMMEDIATE expanded universe both before and after the original trilogy. I've heard rave reviews about books dealing with the Old Republic, but for now I just want to know what leads up to Episodes IV, V and VI as well as the immediate aftermath. Any suggestions on where to start as far as quality books?
What leads up? Darth Plagueis (the book). It is extremely revealing indeed and fresh out. Not going to reveal anything but it's mandatory, to say the least.

Yeah, Knight of the Old Republic ... they might be my favorite games (Star Wars or not) ever. I downloaded the MMO game last night, now that it is free to play. I've not fired it up yet, but for free am willing to give it a shot.

I would love to play The Old Republic, but I refuse to agree to the user agreement. Permission to search my computer for whatever they want and sell any info they please my ass (origin platform).

Kotor 1 is brilliant and one of the best games I've ever played, Kotor 2 is a very very good game and even better than Kotor 1 in some aspects but it has some major problems (the main one was the game being rushed out before properly finished).

The Force Unleashed, I would say the light side ending is canon as it seems to be with all star wars games. Most of the game plays just a couple of years before Episode 4 although like Mosh mentioned, a couple of the early levels are straight after Order 66.

+417934738 on the Thrawn trilogy, I actually need to re-read that, it's been a while.

Onhell, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series of games (5 in total, if you are interested in games) give a decent storyline in a period of time shortly after Episode 4 to around 10 years after Episode 6, featuring about a character called Kyle Katarn.

I would love to play The Old Republic, but I refuse to agree to the user agreement. Permission to search my computer for whatever they want and sell any info they please my ass (origin platform).

Wait, you mean you actually read the user agreement? :D

Yup, if I was going to spy on people's computers without them noticing it, this was exactly how I'd go on about it.

Back