Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2012, Results thread - Joint Winners!

Satisfied with the results?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
I think Trumpets of Jericho will be the most undeserving victim of the bunch. On my personal list of songs remaining, I have it ranked as the 4th best Chemical Wedding song (behind Jerusalem, King in Crimson, and The Alchemist).

Ms. Hill, I find myself agreeing more with your choices more than most Maidenfans, but not this time.
Trumpets is mediocre and you missed the two best Wedding songs in your top four.

I wouldn't go as far as calling Trumpets mediocre, I think it is pretty good. But top half of the album? No way.

Ms. Hill, I find myself agreeing more with your choices more than most Maidenfans, but not this time.
Trumpets is mediocre and you missed the two best Wedding songs in your top four.

I'm assuming the top 2 for you are Book of Thel and the title track, right? I'm afraid they've burned out on me. Much like Between the Wheels on the Rush survivor.

I wouldn't go as far as calling Trumpets mediocre, I think it is pretty good. But top half of the album? No way.

Eh, I think the lyrics are among the best on the album. I also love how the song takes you through different stages of emotion. The chorus sounds so frustrated, and the verses sound like they're taunting you. And I just love the bridge/pre-chorus (not sure about the proper terminology). He sounds determined, yet ultimately powerless. I just think there's so much going in this song from an emotional standpoint.

And of course that breakdown. Ah, so menacing. It doesn't quite get to that level menacing that's present in A Tyranny of Souls, No Way Out... To Be Continued, or Cyclops, but it's still a really cool moment. Especially that brief moment of chaos (4:08-4:15) before everything falls back into place.

I don't know. I think there's a lot of really cool stuff in this song.

I'm assuming the top 2 for you are Book of Thel and the title track, right? I'm afraid they've burned out on me. Much like Between the Wheels on the Rush survivor.

I think Book of Thel is one of the greatest songs ever written. Creative, powerful song with great lyrics and an atmosphere to go with the lyrics perfectly. One of the best vocal performances of Bruce too.

Eh, I think the lyrics are among the best on the album. I also love how the song takes you through different stages of emotion. The chorus sounds so frustrated, and the verses sound like they're taunting you. And I just love the bridge/pre-chorus (not sure about the proper terminology). He sounds determined, yet ultimately powerless. I just think there's so much going in this song from an emotional standpoint.

And of course that breakdown. Ah, so menacing. It doesn't quite get to that level menacing that's present in A Tyranny of Souls, No Way Out... To Be Continued, or Cyclops, but it's still a really cool moment. Especially that brief moment of chaos (4:08-4:15) before everything falls back into place.

I don't know. I think there's a lot of really cool stuff in this song.
You seem to place more importance on the lyrics than I do, lyrics are almost always secondary for me, they usually won't make or break a song. Trumpets is a good song, and I agree with your points on it, but when pit up against the other stuff, it doesn't stand a chance, imo

Killing Floor (8), Trumpets of Jericho (9), Return of the King (7 :censored: :mad: ) and Broken (8) are eliminated.

Results
Tattooed Millionaire
3. Tattooed Millionaire (7)
4. Darkness Be My Friend (3)
5. All the Young Dudes (2)
6 (tie). Dive! Dive! Dive! (2)
6 (tie). Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaugher (2)
8 (tie). Hell on Wheels (1)
8 (tie). Winds of Change (1)
10. No Lies (1)
11. Gypsy Road (0)
12. Ballad of Mutt (0)
13. Zulu Lulu (0)
14 Lickin' the Gun (0)

Balls to Picasso
4. The Breeding House (9)
5. Sacred Cowboys (6)
6. Hell No (5)
7. 1000 Points of Light (5)
8. Laughing in the Hiding Bush (2)
9 (tie). Gods of War (2)
9 (tie). No Way Out... To Be Continued (2)
11. Shoot All the Clowns (2)
12. No Way Out... Continued (1)
13. Fire (1)
14. Over and Out (1)
15 (tie). Fire Child (0)
15 (tie). Cadillac Gas Mask (0)
17 (tie). Elvis Has Left the Building (0)
17 (tie). Spirit and Joy (0)
17 (tie). Tibet (0)

Skunkworks
3. Innerspace (4)
4. Strange Death in Paradise (4)
5. Solar Confinement (3)
6. Space Race (3)
7. Inside the Machine (3)
8 (tie). Faith (2)
8 (tie). Dreamstate (2)
10. I Will Not Accept the Truth (1)
11 (tie). Meltdown (1)
11 (tie). Octavia (1)
13. Headswitch (1)
14 (tie). Rescue Day (o)
14 (tie). Re-Entry (o)
16 (tie). I'm in a Band With an Italian Drummer (o)
16 (tie). God's Not Coming Back (o)
16 (tie). Armchair Hero (o)
16 (tie). R101 (o)
20. Americans Are Behind (o)

Accident of Birth
8. Road to Hell (3)
9. Starchildren (3)
10. The Ghost of Cain (2)
11 (tie). The Magician (1)
11 (tie). Welcome to the Pit (1)
11 (tie). Wickerman (1)
14. Acoustic Song (0)
15. Toltec 7 Arrival (0)
16. Midnight Jam (0)

The Chemical Wedding / Best Of
9. Return of the King (1)
10. Killing Floor (1)
11. Broken (1)
12. Trumpets of Jericho (1)
13. Machine Men (0)
14. Confeos (0)
15. Real World (0)

After the huge outrage of the elimination of Return of the King... well I guess there's not much to do except vote. :/

Change of Heart, Freak, Arc of Space, Gates of Urizen, Silver Wings

Cyclops
Freak
Arc of Space
Silver Wings (forgot to click)

Stop the votes for Gates of Urizen already ! :mad:

Back