Food thread!

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
Title by Natalie aka Food/Cookery/Bakery thread

So in the past few months I've been mostly at home during all week, and I had a lot of free time to try new recipes and meals. Usually I stumble upon a cool recipe on YouTube or some show on TV and try to make that meal by myself, but ofc with some changes to suit my style.

I found this awesome YouTube channel with equally awesome recipes:
http://www.youtube.com/user/foodwishes
Some of my favorite recipes from that channel:

I also really like to make pizza... I always try to add as many different ingredients as possible, and almost every time I add something new. Here's a pic of one time I made it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m632tv6vhorqlac/PIZZA_001.jpg

So if anyone has pics/videos or recipes of meals you ate/made, post them here:cheers:

Last edited:
So recently I made blueberry chocolate chip muffins. They were delicious! Below is a picture of the finished product and the recipe I used:

Blueberry-Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
DRY INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

WET INGREDIENTS
2 eggs, whisked
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup buter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract

ADD-INS - your discretion
3/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oen to 375 degrees (fahrenheit) and grease one muffin tin.
2. Whisk together the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Then combine and stir together until just combined. Stir in the add-ins gently.
3. Divide batter between muffin cups and bake 20-22 minutes.

181840_3731731045984_1591908089_n.jpg

598597_3731731886005_1432418722_n.jpg

I made this for dinner, albeit with few changes (couldn't find some ingredients, so I replaced them with similar ones. Plus added some new stuff). Here's what I did:
-put tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish
-put oregano, basil and olive oil
-made space for the eggs in the center of the dish
-put eggs
-covered the whole thing with a lot of parmesan
-the guy in the video put some kind of cheese cream on top, but I didn't have that, so I put sour cream
-cut tortilla into slices, and dipped them into the dish
-baked it a little bit too long unfortunately. yolk was baked too much, should've stayed soft so that I can stir the meal, but oh well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d50lkpe0k5gudjf/FOOD_001.jpg

Last edited:
I've currently got a crush on tofu. I'll let you know when I try out some stuff, maybe some time this week.

So I made chicken parmigiana for dinner last night. I cheated cos I used leftover chicken that my roomie had already breaded, but I did make the sauce (which is a marinara sauce that I added some milk and condiments to, and some garlic and onion, to make it more exciting). Served with a slice of white bread with generous helpings of parmesan and a slice of deli american cheese over the chicken that melted over it. It was pretty damn good.

575153_3748597347631_1116944317_n.jpg

I made Swedish meatballs with my grandma the other day. Below is the recipe. Enjoy!

You will need:

0.5 kg ground meat (80% beef, 20% pork)
1 cooked potato
½ dL breadcrumbs
1 yellow onion
1 egg
½ tablespoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¾ dL milk
Butter (salty)

To start you will need to grate potatoes into a medium-sized pot. Add in the onion (finely chopped), breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper, and lastly milk. Mix. Add in the ground meat. Mix it very well. Form small round balls and place them on the side. The secret to making them round is to roll them quite a lot and moisten you hand with a bit of water. Otherwise it gets sticky very quickly and the balls will immediately lose their shape once placed in the pan. Take out a large pan and put in some cooking oil and a bit of butter. Have it on maximum heat to begin with, then adjust as necessary. Pop the meatballs in the pan and fry them so they are brown all around (dark brown). Once done you can either put them in a pot and continue cooking them for a few minutes on low heat or just put a lid over the pan you’re using and do the same (depends on how many you’re making).

In Sweden they are traditionally served with potatoes, “lingonsylt” or lingonberry jam and pickled cucumbers. You can use the fat left over from cooking them to make a little gravy which will make things a bit more interesting and prevent them from drying out. Add some water to the pan, then a bit of cream and lastly meat broth. Taste it until it suits.

a>
VHccY.jpg

Made this the other day:

WQdlD.jpg

Recipe for homemade blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream:
3 dL flour
2-3 tablespoons sugar
100 g butter
1 L blueberries
Mix the flour and the butter with a fork so it becomes crumbs. Take however many blueberries you like but around 1L is a good amount. Sprinkle the sugar over them (amount varies based on sweetness of blueberries). Put them in a pie form. Pour the flour and butter mixture over them evenly. Heat in the oven for 20 min. at 225 degrees C. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!

I'm too fussy of an eater to be able to really take part in this thread .. I like my food plain, very plain >.>
... so last night I made a 'sandwich' ... Beef steak between 2 turkey steaks :D

A grill and a deep fat fryer, the only kitchen appliances I own or need!

Made this cake today, its called Nordenfeldt's cake and is Sveeedish.

Recipe:
4 dL flour
1.5 dL sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cardemom
2 tablespoons butter
2 dL milk
bread crumbs
almonds
pearl sugar

1) Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, butter, baking powder). Mix decently.
2) Add the sugar, milk, and cardemom. Mix well.
3) Butter the cake form (one with a removable bottom) and put bread crumbs on the bottom as well as the sides.
4) Pour the dough in, add chopped almonds and pearl sugar to decorate.
5) Bake in the oven for 25 min. at 175 degrees Celsius.

7BBc2.jpg

I've been suffering from flu for the past week, without doubt the worst sickness of my life. As I'm recovering and now past the worst of it, I decided to treat myself this evening and cook a plate of greasy nastiness. I call it a fry-up (with chips).

DSC00056.jpg

Made mini-pancakes today.

Recipe:

3 eggs
2.5 dL flour
4 dL milk
1/2 dL water
1/2 teaspoon salt
30 gr butter
1 teaspoon sugar

Pictures:

quV3P.jpg