3. The Beatles
4. Black Sabbath
5. The Rolling Stones
6. Dio
7. Led Zeppelin
8. Metallica
9. Judas Priest
10. Rainbow

...with honourable mentions to Megadeth, Dire Straits, AC/DC, Kiss and R.E.M.

Forostar said:
The absolute leading 2:

1. Iron Maiden
2. Judas Priest

Candidates for the third place:

3. Midnight Oil / Bad Religion / Black Sabbath / Bruce Dickinson

This is really difficult because I love quite a lot of bands which have some amazing albums but also less interesting albums. Maiden and Priest had a few weaker ones, but the strong ones make up for it, so they easily stand above the other bands. I also love Rush and Helloween but relatively seen, I think The Oils, BR, Bruce and Sabbath had more consistent discographies. Rush and Helloween both had at least 5 lesser albums... and I am tempted to mention many more bands (e.g. 90s Iced Earth is excellent in my book)!

Who knows Jethro Tull might join the no. 3 spot, somewhere in 2012/2013, although I haven't heard their discography by a long shot ("only" heard their stuff til Thick as a Brick). :)

Aaaah a tough question! I'm lately in a rather odd place in life and so am pretty much only listening to Maiden (they are the only band that I have no emotional ties to any other person or event). There are bands where I absolutely love one album, and if they had made only that one I would class them as a favourite band, but I find the rest of the material lackluster etc.

Top 3 are probably, in no particular order: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, GnR.

Other ones that are high on my list however: Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, Megadeth, W.A.S.P, ZZ Top, Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Sixx.A.M (theres only about 1 track theyve done which I dont like!!! But I just can't place them above the 3 above for whatever reason), Shinedown, Queen, Dio, AC/DC (Love most their stuff, but not listened to in years for some reason?)

Never been able to get into Metallica at all... probably not helped that the first thing I heard was Saint Anger :p but theres only about 5 songs I can even remember what they go like, and 1 of those was written by Dave Mustaine so...

Not been to any gigs in a long time, but I've seen the vast majority of the above live.

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Pantera
Honorable mention:
Black Sabbath
Dio
Municipal Waste (great thrash band if you have not heard of them)

One, Two would be Iron Maiden and Overkill.

Beyond that:
Queensryche
Guns N Roses
Rush
Judas Priest
Megadeth
Joe Satriani
Dokken
Motorhead
Motley Crue
Kiss
AC/DC
Dio
Ozzy

You can put the rest in any order, these get listened to depending on what mood I'm in.

Iron Maiden (Of Course)
Megadeth
Lordi
Rob Zombie
Black Stone Cherry
Steel Panther
Hammerfall
Anthrax
Testament
Motorhead

Iron Maiden are number 1 with Lordi number 2. The rest are interchangeable!

In order:
Judas Priest, Iron Maiden (Tied first place)
Halford
Iced Earth
Joe Satriani

Other than that (not in specific order)
Queensryche
Megadeth
Dio
Saxon
Malmsteen
Beyond Fear
Deep Purple

Etc